Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Carlos Alcaraz vs. Tommy Paul Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, August 17
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Carlos Alcaraz (-350)||Tommy Paul (+265)|
Carlos Alcaraz (No. 1 ranking) will meet Tommy Paul (No. 13) in the Round of 16 of the Western & Southern Open on Thursday, August 17.
Alcaraz vs. Paul Matchup History
- Paul and Alcaraz have played three times in the past five years and Paul is 2-1, including a 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 victory for Paul at the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers on August 11, 2023 (their most recent meeting).
- It’s been rather even when Alcaraz and Paul have gone head to head, each winning four sets against the other.
- In 83 total games against one another, Paul has taken 43, and Alcaraz 40.
- Alcaraz and Paul have averaged 27.7 games and 2.7 sets in their three matches against each other.
- Alcaraz has averaged 24.3 games per match (22 in best-of-three matches) in his 55 matches played so far this year (across all court types), while winning 60.0% of games.
- On hard courts, Alcaraz has played 15 matches (averaging 21.8 games per match — 21.8 in best-of-three matches — and 10.2 games per set).
- Alcaraz has a service game winning percentage of 85.3% on all surfaces (568-for-666 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 34.8% (233-for-669 in return games).
- In games on hard surfaces, Alcaraz has an 87% winning percentage in service games and a 30.7% winning percentage in return games (140 service games won out of 161, and 51 return games won out of 166).
- Alcaraz’s 218 break points won on 508 total break points (42.9% win percentage) ranks 183rd this year.
- On hard courts, Alcaraz ranks 119th in break point win percentage (38.9%) after going 44-for-113.
Alcaraz Recent Performances
- Alcaraz is coming off a 7-5, 4-6, 6-3 win over No. 55-ranked Jordan Thompson in the Round of 32 on Tuesday.
- In his most recent tournament (the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers), Alcaraz made a run before losing to Paul in the quarterfinals 3-6, 6-4, 3-6 on August 11.
- Alcaraz played an average of 28.3 games in his three matches in Toronto.
- Alcaraz won 33 of 41 service games (80.5%) in Canada along with nine of 44 return games (20.5%).
- Paul has played 49 matches so far this year, and 26.8 games per match across all court types (23.9 in best-of-three matches).
- Paul has played 28 matches on hard courts this year, and 26 games per match (23.5 in best-of-three matches).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages this year, Paul has won 80.4% of his games on serve, and 25.4% on return.
- Paul has won 82% of his service games on hard courts, and 26.2% of his return games.
- Including all surfaces, Paul has converted 149 of 407 break points (36.6%).
- Including hard courts only, Paul has converted 36.5% of his break-point opportunities (89 of 244).
Paul Recent Performances
- Paul defeated No. 33-ranked Ugo Humbert 6-1, 7-6 on Wednesday to make the Round of 16.
- Paul came up just short of the final in his most recent tournament, as he was defeated by Jannik Sinner (4-6, 4-6) on August 12 in the semifinals of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers.
- Paul played five matches in Toronto, averaging 25.6 games.
- Paul won 78.1% of his service games (50 of 64) in Canada along with 31.3% of his return games (20 of 64).