Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Carlos Alcaraz vs. Max Purcell Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Quarterfinals
- Date: Friday, August 18
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Carlos Alcaraz (-1400)||Max Purcell (+750)|
Carlos Alcaraz (No. 1 ranking) will face Max Purcell (No. 70) in the quarterfinals of the Western & Southern Open on Friday, August 18.
Alcaraz vs. Purcell Matchup History
- Alcaraz has not gone toe to toe with Purcell in the past five years.
- So far this year across all court types, Alcaraz has played 56 total matches with a 59.9% game winning percentage. He averages 24.5 games per match (22.3 in best-of-three matches) and 9.7 games per set.
- Alcaraz averages 22.6 games per match (22.6 in best-of-three matches) and 10.3 games per set in 16 matches on hard courts this year.
- Alcaraz has an 84.9% service game winning percentage and a 34.9% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (580 service games won out of 683, and 240 return games won out of 687).
- Alcaraz is 152-for-178 in service games on hard courts (to compile a winning percentage of 85.4%) and 58-for-184 in return games (31.5%).
- Alcaraz is 183rd in break point win percentage (42.2%) after going 224-for-531 on break points.
- On hard courts, Alcaraz has won 36.8% of break points (50 out of 136, which ranks 114th).
Alcaraz Recent Performances
- Alcaraz is coming off a 7-6, 6-7, 6-3 win over No. 13-ranked Tommy Paul in the Round of 16 on Thursday.
- Alcaraz was defeated by Paul short of the final (3-6, 6-4, 3-6) on August 11 in the quarterfinals of his previous tournament, the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers.
- In his three matches in Toronto, Alcaraz played an average of 28.3 games.
- Alcaraz won 33 of 41 service games (80.5%) in Canada along with nine of 44 return games (20.5%).
- Purcell has played 23 matches this year, and 25.9 games per match across all court surfaces (23.4 in best-of-three matches).
- Through 15 matches so far this year on hard courts, Purcell has played 24.7 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches) and won 55.7% of them.
- Thus far this year, Purcell has won 18.3% of his return games and 79.8% of his service games.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages on hard courts, Purcell has won 87.3% of his games on serve, and 22.2% on return.
- Including all surfaces, Purcell has converted 35.2% of his break-point opportunities (43 of 122).
- Purcell has converted 39.4% of his break-point opportunities on hard courts (28 of 71).
Purcell Recent Performances
- Purcell defeated Stan Wawrinka 6-4, 6-2 on Thursday in the Round of 16.
- In the round of 32s of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers (his most recent tournament), Purcell lost to Andy Murray 6-7, 6-3, 5-7 on August 9.
- Purcell participated in four matches in Toronto, averaging 21.8 games per match.
- Purcell won 85.7% of his service games and 19.2% of his return games in Toronto.