Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Carlos Alcaraz vs. Denis Shapovalov Match Information
- Tournament: The French Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Friday, June 2
- Venue: Stade Roland Garros
- Location: Paris, France
- Court Surface: Clay
|Carlos Alcaraz (-4000)||Denis Shapovalov (+1300)|
Denis Shapovalov (No. 32) will take on Carlos Alcaraz (No. 1) in the Round of 32 of the French Open on Friday, June 2.
Alcaraz vs. Shapovalov Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which Alcaraz and Shapovalov have played each other.
- So far this year across all court surfaces, Alcaraz has played 33 total matches with a 61.2% game winning percentage. He averages 21.1 games per match and 9.8 games per set.
- In 22 matches on clay courts this year, Alcaraz averages 22.0 games per match and 9.7 games per set with a 60.5% game winning percentage.
- Alcaraz has an 84.4% service game winning percentage and a 37.9% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (293 service games won out of 347, and 132 return games won out of 348).
- Alcaraz has an 81.8% winning percentage in service games when playing on clay, and a 39.3% winning percentage in return games (198 of 242 service games, and 95 of 242 return games).
- Alcaraz is 125-for-259 on break points (48.3%) which ranks 66th.
- On clay surfaces, Alcaraz has won 50.8% of break points (92 out of 181, which ranks 48th).
Alcaraz Recent Performances
- Alcaraz beat No. 112-ranked Taro Daniel 6-1, 3-6, 6-1, 6-2 on Wednesday to make the Round of 32.
- Alcaraz was defeated in the round of 32 of his most recent tournament (the Internazionali BNL d’Italia) 3-6, 6-7 by No. 135-ranked Fabian Marozsan on May 15.
- Alcaraz played an average of 19.5 games in his two matches in Rome.
- While playing in Italy, Alcaraz won 80% of his service games and 26.3% of his return games.
- In his 46 matches across all court types in the past year, Shapovalov has averaged 27.0 games per match and won 51.9% of the games.
- On clay, Shapovalov has played three matches, and has averaged 24.0 games per match and 10.3 games per set.
- Shapovalov has an 81.0% winning percentage on serve and a 22.5% winning percentage on return in the past year, including all surfaces.
- Shapovalov is 30-for-37 in service games on clay (81.1%) and 4-for-35 in return games (11.4%).
Shapovalov Recent Performances
- Shapovalov beat No. 106-ranked Matteo Arnaldi 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 on Wednesday to advance to the Round of 32.
- In the round of 64s of the Mutua Madrid Open (his previous tournament), Shapovalov was eliminated by Zhizhen Zhang 7-6, 4-6, 6-7 on April 29.
- Shapovalov played one match in Madrid, and he averaged 36 games per match.
- Shapovalov’s service-game winning percentage was 83.3% in Spain, and he won 11.1% of his games on his opponent’s serve.