Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Marco Cecchinato vs. Lorenzo Sonego Match Information
- Tournament: The Plava Laguna Croatia Open Umag
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, July 27
- Venue: Stadium Goran Ivanisevic in ITC Stella Maris
- Location: Umag, Croatia
- Court Surface: Clay
|Lorenzo Sonego (-285)||Marco Cecchinato (+220)|
On Thursday, Marco Cecchinato (No. 96 in the world) takes on Lorenzo Sonego (No. 43) in the Round of 16 of the Plava Laguna Croatia Open Umag.
Cecchinato vs. Sonego Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which Cecchinato and Sonego have competed against each other.
- Cecchinato has played 23 matches this year across all court surfaces, averaging 22.3 games per match (21.7 in best-of-three matches) and winning 47.0% of those games.
- Through 20 matches on clay courts this year, Cecchinato averages 22.4 games per match (22.3 in best-of-three matches) and 9.9 games per set with a 48.8% game winning percentage.
- Cecchinato has compiled a service game winning percentage of 71.9% on all surfaces (161-for-224 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 20.7% (46-for-222 in return games).
- While playing on clay courts, Cecchinato has a 73.2% winning percentage in service games and a 23.7% winning percentage in return games (139 service games won out of 190, and 45 return games won out of 190 on clay).
- Cecchinato is 270th in break point winning percentage (43.6%) after going 41-for-94 on break points.
- On clay this year, Cecchinato has won 43.0% of break points (40 out of 93, to rank 149th).
Cecchinato Recent Performances
- Cecchinato beat No. 93-ranked Alexander Shevchenko 4-6, 7-6, 6-3 on Tuesday to make the Round of 16.
- Cecchinato was defeated by Pavel Kotov (1-6, 2-6) on July 18 in the round of 32 of his last tournament, the Nordea Open.
- In his one match in Båstad, Cecchinato played an average of 15 games.
- In Sweden, Cecchinato won two of eight service games (25%) and one of seven return games (14.3%).
- Sonego has played 36 matches so far this year (winning 50.1% of games across all court types), and 25.9 games per match (22.2 in best-of-three matches).
- Sonego has played 13 matches on clay this year, and 27.9 games per match (23.1 in best-of-three matches).
- So far this year, Sonego has won 81.7% of his service games and 18.6% of his return games.
- On clay, Sonego has won 79.3% of his service games and 20.7% of his return games.
- Sonego has converted 79 of 207 break points overall (38.2%), and is 211th in break points won.
- Sonego has converted 35 of 78 break points on clay (44.9%), and is 160th in break points won.
Sonego Recent Performances
- In the round of 16s of the Swiss Open Gstaad (his last tournament), Sonego was beaten by Albert Ramos-Vinolas 3-6, 6-3, 4-6 on July 20.
- In his one match in Gstaad, Sonego averaged 28 games per match.
- Sonego secured 85.7% of his service games (12 of 14) in Switzerland along with 7.1% of his return games (one of 14).