Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Francisco Cerundolo vs. Diego Schwartzman Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Monday, October 16
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Francisco Cerundolo (-150)||Diego Schwartzman (+120)|
In the Round of 32 of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships on Monday, Francisco Cerundolo (ranked No. 21) faces Diego Schwartzman (No. 130).
Cerundolo vs. Schwartzman Matchup History
- Schwartzman and Cerundolo have played three times in the past five years, and Schwartzman has won every time, including their most recent meeting at the Rio Open presented by Claro on February 19, 2022 (7-6, 6-3).
- Schwartzman and Cerundolo have played seven sets versus each other, and Schwartzman has the advantage, taking six of them. Cerundolo has won one.
- In 66 total games against one another, Schwartzman has taken 41, and Cerundolo 25.
- Cerundolo and Schwartzman have squared off three times, averaging 22 games and 2.3 sets per match.
- In his 55 matches played this year across all court surfaces, Cerundolo is averaging 26.8 games per match (24.2 in best-of-three matches) while winning 52.5% of those games.
- On hard courts, Cerundolo has played 17 matches (averaging 28.9 games per match — 24.8 in best-of-three matches — and 10.0 games per set).
- Cerundolo is 542-for-718 in service games (a winning percentage of 75.5%) and 216-for-728 in return games (29.7%) on all surfaces.
- Cerundolo has gone 188-for-244 in service games on hard courts (77.0% winning percentage), and 63-for-247 in return games (25.5%).
- Cerundolo ranks 199th in break point winning percentage (40.5%) after going 206-for-509 on break points this year.
- On hard courts, Cerundolo is 60-for-127 on break points (47.2%) to rank 135th.
Cerundolo Recent Performances
- Cerundolo was defeated in the round of 16 of his last tournament (the Rolex Shanghai Masters) 5-7, 6-7 by No. 26-ranked Sebastian Korda on October 10.
- In his three matches in Shanghai, Cerundolo played an average of 27.3 games.
- In China, Cerundolo won 32 of 40 service games (80%) and nine of 42 return games (21.4%).
- Schwartzman has played 39 matches so far this year (winning 46.3% of games across all court types), and 23.1 games per match (20.9 in best-of-three matches).
- On hard courts, Schwartzman has played 20 matches so far this year, totaling 23.7 games per match (22.0 in best-of-three matches) while winning 47.4% of games.
- So far this year, Schwartzman has won 67.3% of his service games and 24.1% of his return games.
- On hard courts, Schwartzman has won 19.3% of his return games and 73.9% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, Schwartzman has converted 41.2% of his break-point chances (94 of 228).
- Schwartzman has converted 34 of 81 break points on hard courts (42.0%), and is 177th in break points won.
Schwartzman Recent Performances
- In the round of 16s of the Rolex Shanghai Masters (his previous tournament), Schwartzman lost to Nicolas Jarry 3-6, 7-5, 3-6 on October 11.
- Schwartzman’s four matches in Shanghai had an average of 29.5 games per match.
- Schwartzman’s service-game winning percentage was 77.6% in China, and he won 26.7% of his games on his opponent’s serve.