Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Grigor Dimitrov vs. Christopher O’Connell Match Information
- Tournament: The Chengdu Open
- Round: Quarterfinals
- Date: Sunday, September 24
- Venue: Sichuan International Tennis Center
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Court Surface: Hard
|Grigor Dimitrov (-340)||Christopher O’Connell (+260)|
In the quarterfinals of the Chengdu Open on Sunday, Grigor Dimitrov (ranked No. 20) meets Christopher O’Connell (No. 53).
Dimitrov vs. O’Connell Matchup History
- Dimitrov and O’Connell met in the quarterfinals at the Gonet Geneva Open on May 25, 2023. Dimitrov won 6-7, 7-5, 6-4.
- In three total sets against one another, Dimitrov has won two, and O’Connell one.
- Dimitrov and O’Connell have played 35 total games versus each other, with Dimitrov winning 19 and O’Connell 16.
- O’Connell and Dimitrov have played each other one time, averaging 35 games and three sets per match.
- Dimitrov has averaged 24.4 games per match (21.2 in best-of-three matches) through his 45 matches played this year (across all court surfaces), while winning 54.4% of games.
- Dimitrov has played 20 matches on hard courts this year, and averages 25.3 games per match (20.9 in best-of-three matches) and 10.5 games per set while winning 52.3% of games.
- Dimitrov has amassed a service game winning percentage of 81% on all surfaces (431-for-532 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 26.7% (140-for-524 in return games).
- Dimitrov is 206-for-255 in service games on hard courts (to compile a winning percentage of 80.8%) and 58-for-250 in return games (23.2%).
- Dimitrov’s 41.3% break point winning percentage (126-for-305) ranks 208th this year.
- Dimitrov’s 50 break points won on 127 total break points on hard courts so far this year (39.4% winning percentage) ranks 128th.
Dimitrov Recent Performances
- In the Round of 16, Dimitrov won 6-3, 6-4 versus Juan Pablo Varillas on Saturday.
- In his previous tournament (the US Open), Dimitrov was defeated by Alexander Zverev 7-6, 6-7, 1-6, 1-6 on September 2, in the round of 32.
- Dimitrov averaged 41.3 games per match in New York in three matches.
- While playing in United States, Dimitrov won 77.8% of his service games and 26.2% of his return games.
- O’Connell has played 46 matches this year (winning 49.8% of games across all court surfaces), and 25.9 games per match (24.2 in best-of-three matches).
- Through 23 matches so far this year on hard courts, O’Connell has played 26.2 games per match (24.5 in best-of-three matches) and won 48.8% of them.
- Thus far this year, O’Connell has won 20.8% of his return games and 78.3% of his service games.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages on hard courts, O’Connell has won 77% of his games on serve, and 18.9% on return.
- O’Connell is 237th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 85 of 248 (34.3%).
- On hard courts, O’Connell has converted 29 of 93 break points (31.2%).
O’Connell Recent Performances
- O’Connell beat Taro Daniel 7-6, 6-4 on Friday in the Round of 16.
- In the round of 64s of the US Open (his most recent tournament), O’Connell was eliminated by Daniil Medvedev 2-6, 2-6, 7-6, 2-6 on August 31.
- In his two matches in New York, O’Connell played an average of 39 games per match.
- O’Connell clinched 68.4% of his service games and 22.5% of his return games while playing in United States.