Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Arthur Fils vs. Mark Lajal Match Information
- Tournament: The European Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Wednesday, October 18
- Venue: Lotto Arena
- Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
- Court Surface: Hard
|Arthur Fils (-330)||Mark Lajal (+250)|
In the Round of 16 of the European Open on Wednesday, Arthur Fils (ranked No. 38) faces Mark Lajal (No. 229).
Fils vs. Lajal Matchup History
- Fils and Lajal have not played one another in the past five years.
- Fils has averaged 22.9 games per match (20.7 in best-of-three matches) through his 39 matches played so far this year (across all court types), while winning 52.8% of games.
- Fils averages 24.3 games per match (20.3 in best-of-three matches) and 10.1 games per set through 17 matches on hard courts this year.
- Fils is 278-for-350 in service games (for a winning percentage of 79.4%) and 75-for-340 in return games (22.1%) on all surfaces.
- Fils has finished 162-for-192 in service games when playing on hard courts (84.4% winning percentage), and 39-for-189 in return games (20.6%).
- Fils’ 38.2% break point win percentage (71-for-186) is 268th this year.
- Fils’ 36 break points won on 95 total break points on hard courts so far this year (37.9% winning percentage) ranks 175th.
Fils Recent Performances
- Fils was eliminated in the round of 32 of his last tournament (the Rolex Shanghai Masters) 4-6, 7-6, 4-6 by No. 12-ranked Tommy Paul on October 9.
- In his three matches in Shanghai, Fils played an average of 23.3 games.
- Fils won 85.7% of his service games and 28.6% of his return games in Shanghai.
- In the past 12 months Lajal has competed in one match (including all court surfaces), winning 46.4% of the games. He has averaged 28 games per match (28 in best-of-three matches) and 9.3 games per set.
- Lajal is averaging 28 games per match (28 in best-of-three matches) and 9.3 games per set in one match in the past year on hard courts.
- Lajal has amassed a service game winning percentage of 78.6% on all surfaces (11-for-14) and a return game winning percentage of 14.3% (2-for-14).
- Lajal has a 78.6% winning percentage in service games when playing on hard courts, and is at 14.3% in return games.
Lajal Recent Performances
- Lajal is coming off a 6-3, 6-4 victory over No. 83-ranked Jaume Munar in the Round of 32 on Monday.
- Lajal lost to No. 168-ranked Filip Misolic 6-3, 4-6, 3-6 in the qualification round 1 of his previous tournament, the US Open, on August 23.
- Lajal’s one match in New York had an average of 28 game per match.
- Lajal clinched 78.6% of his service games (11 of 14) in United States along with 14.3% of his return games (two of 14).