Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Arthur Fils vs. Juan Pablo Varillas Match Information
- Tournament: The European Open
- Round: Quarterfinals
- Date: Friday, October 20
- Venue: Lotto Arena
- Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
- Court Surface: Hard
|Arthur Fils (-425)||Juan Pablo Varillas (+310)|
Arthur Fils (No. 38 ranking) will meet Juan Pablo Varillas (No. 69) in the quarterfinals of the European Open on Friday, October 20.
Fils vs. Varillas Matchup History
- Fils and Varillas have not played one another in the past five years.
- This year across all court types, Fils has played 39 total matches with a 52.8% game winning percentage. He averages 22.9 games per match (20.7 in best-of-three matches) and 10.1 games per set.
- Fils averages 24.3 games per match (20.3 in best-of-three matches) and 10.1 games per set through 17 matches on hard courts this year, with a 54.5% game winning percentage.
- Including all surfaces, Fils’ service game winning percentage is 79.4% (winning 278 of 350 service games) and his return game winning percentage is 22.1% (taking 75 of 340 return games).
- On hard courts, Fils has an 84.4% winning percentage in service games and a 20.6% winning percentage in return games (162 service games won out of 192, and 39 return games won out of 189).
- Fils has won 38.2% of his break points this year (71 out of 186, to rank 266th).
- On hard courts, Fils is 176th in break point winning percentage (37.9%) after going 36-for-95.
Fils Recent Performances
- Fils is coming off a 7-6, 7-6 victory over No. 229-ranked Mark Lajal in the Round of 16 on Wednesday.
- Fils was beaten by Tommy Paul (4-6, 7-6, 4-6) on October 9 in the round of 32 of his last tournament, the Rolex Shanghai Masters.
- In Shanghai, Fils’ three matches included 23.3 games on average.
- In China, Fils won 30 of 35 service games (85.7%) and 10 of 35 return games (28.6%).
- Through 40 matches so far this year, Varillas has played 24.9 games per match (21.7 in best-of-three matches) and won 48.3% of them (across all court surfaces).
- In his 12 matches on hard courts this year, Varillas has played an average of 27.8 games (24.1 in best-of-three matches).
- So far this year, Varillas has won 21.8% of his return games and 73.6% of his service games.
- Varillas has won 17.1% of his return games on hard courts, and 73.4% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, Varillas has converted 39.2% of his break-point opportunities (93 of 237).
- On hard courts, Varillas has converted 26 of 64 break points (40.6%).
Varillas Recent Performances
- Varillas defeated No. 84-ranked Alexander Shevchenko 3-6, 6-3, 6-2 on Wednesday to make the quarterfinals.
- Varillas lost to No. 49-ranked Sebastian Ofner 6-7, 6-7 in the round of 128 of his previous tournament, the Rolex Shanghai Masters, on October 5.
- In his one match in Shanghai, Varillas averaged 26 games per match.
- Varillas won 71.4% of his service games and 16.7% of his return games in Shanghai.