Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Hugo Gaston vs. Jan-Lennard Struff Match Information
- Tournament: The European Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Wednesday, October 18
- Venue: Lotto Arena
- Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
- Court Surface: Hard
|Jan-Lennard Struff (-170)||Hugo Gaston (+135)|
In the Round of 16 of the European Open on Wednesday, Hugo Gaston (ranked No. 96) faces Jan-Lennard Struff (No. 27).
Gaston vs. Struff Matchup History
- Gaston and Struff met in the Round of 32 at the Grand Prix Hassan II on April 3, 2023. Gaston won 3-6, 6-4, 7-5.
- In three total sets against one another, Gaston has won two, and Struff one.
- Gaston and Struff have played 31 total games against each other, with Gaston taking 16 and Struff 15.
- Gaston and Struff have averaged 31 games and three sets in their one match against each other.
- In his 26 matches played this year across all court types, Gaston is averaging 22.8 games per match (22.3 in best-of-three matches) while winning 46.5% of those games.
- Gaston averages 22.6 games per match (21.5 in best-of-three matches) and 9.5 games per set through eight matches on hard courts this year, with a 50.3% game winning percentage.
- Gaston has a 68.9% service game winning percentage and a 27.3% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (135 service games won out of 196, and 54 return games won out of 198).
- Gaston is 56-for-81 in service games on hard courts (winning percentage of 69.1%) and 30-for-83 in return games (36.1%).
- Gaston is 51-for-99 on break points (51.5%) which ranks 300th.
- Gaston’s 27 break points won on 47 total break points on hard courts so far this year (57.4% winning percentage) ranks 196th.
Gaston Recent Performances
- Gaston is coming off a 7-6, 6-4 win over No. 82-ranked Arthur Rinderknech in the Round of 32 on Monday.
- In his most recent tournament, the US Open, Gaston went down in the round of 64 to No. 38-ranked Laslo Djere, 1-6, 2-6, 3-6 on August 30.
- In his five matches in New York, Gaston played an average of 27.6 games.
- In United States, Gaston won 48 of 68 service games (70.6%) and 24 of 70 return games (34.3%).
- Through 41 matches so far this year, Struff has played 25.0 games per match (24.5 in best-of-three matches) and won 53.1% of them (across all court types).
- Struff has played 16 matches on hard courts so far this year, and 23.4 games per match (23.1 in best-of-three matches).
- So far this year, Struff has won 22.7% of his return games and 82.0% of his service games.
- On hard courts, Struff has won 76.4% of his service games and 21.5% of his return games.
- Struff has converted 42.6% of his break-point opportunities overall (89 of 209).
- Including hard courts only, Struff has converted 39.7% of his break-point chances (31 of 78).
Struff Recent Performances
- In the round of 64s round of the Rolex Shanghai Masters, Struff’s most recent tournament, he was beaten 3-6, 6-3, 4-6 by No. 42-ranked Matteo Arnaldi on October 7.
- Struff participated in one match in Shanghai, and he averaged 28 games per match.
- Struff’s service-game winning percentage was 71.4% in China, and he captured 21.4% of his games on his opponent’s serve.