Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Marcos Giron vs. Casper Ruud Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Wednesday, October 18
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Casper Ruud (-235)||Marcos Giron (+185)|
No. 79-ranked Marcos Giron will take on No. 8 Casper Ruud in the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships Round of 16 on Wednesday, October 18.
Giron vs. Ruud Matchup History
- Giron and Ruud met in the Round of 16 at the Rolex Paris Masters on November 4, 2021. Ruud won 6-2, 6-1.
- Ruud and Giron have played two sets versus each other, with Ruud winning two of them and Giron taking zero.
- Ruud has won more versus Giron in 15 total games between them, 12 (80.0%) compared to Giron’s three.
- Giron and Ruud have faced off one time, averaging 15 games and two sets per match.
- Giron is averaging 24.9 games per match (24 in best-of-three matches) in his 54 matches played this year (across all court surfaces), with a 50.8% game winning percentage.
- Giron has played 34 matches on hard courts this year, and averages 24.4 games per match (24.4 in best-of-three matches) and 10 games per set while winning 49.9% of games.
- Including all surfaces, Giron’s service game winning percentage is 78.3% (winning 465 of 594 service games) and his return game winning percentage is 21.9% (claiming 132 of 603 return games).
- Giron is 283-for-364 in service games on hard courts (for a winning percentage of 77.7%) and 72-for-367 in return games (19.6%).
- Giron has won 35.4% of his break points this year (121 out of 342, to rank 219th).
- Giron has won 32.0% of break points on hard courts (64 out of 200, to rank 132nd).
Giron Recent Performances
- In the Round of 32, Giron was victorious 7-6, 4-6, 6-1 versus Yoshihito Nishioka on Monday.
- In the the Rolex Shanghai Masters, Giron’s most recent tournament, he was beaten 6-7, 2-6 by No. 4-ranked Jannik Sinner on October 7 in the round of 64 round.
- Giron averaged 19.5 games per match in Shanghai in two matches.
- Giron’s service-game winning percentage in China was 75%, and he won 26.3% on his opponent’s serve.
- Ruud has played 27.2 games per match (23.7 in best-of-three matches) in his 52 matches so far this year across all court types.
- Ruud has played 29.3 games per match (25.7 in best-of-three matches) in his 20 matches on hard courts so far this year.
- Ruud has won 25.5% of his return games this year, and 81.7% of his service games.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages on hard courts, Ruud has won 80.7% of his games on serve, and 22.3% on return.
- Ruud is 205th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 163 of 428 (38.1%).
- Ruud has converted 35.6% of his break-point chances on hard courts (57 of 160).
Ruud Recent Performances
- Ruud is coming off a 7-6, 6-3 victory over No. 73-ranked Yosuke Watanuki in the Round of 32 on Tuesday.
- In the round of 16s round of the Rolex Shanghai Masters, Ruud’s previous tournament, he was defeated 6-7, 6-3, 4-6 by No. 91-ranked Fabian Marozsan on October 10.
- Ruud played three matches in Shanghai, averaging 22.7 games.
- Ruud won 88.2% of his service games (30 of 34) in China along with 32.4% of his return games (11 of 34).