Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Steve Johnson vs. Taylor Fritz Match Information
- Tournament: The US Open
- Round: Round of 128
- Date: Monday, August 28
- Venue: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
- Location: New York, New York
- Court Surface: Hard
|Taylor Fritz (-2500)||Steve Johnson (+1000)|
In the Round of 128 of the US Open on Monday, Taylor Fritz (ranked No. 9) takes on Steve Johnson (No. 186).
Johnson vs. Fritz Matchup History
- Fritz and Johnson have gone head to head three times in the past five years, and Fritz has won every time, including their most recent meeting at the Truist Atlanta Open on July 28, 2021 (6-7, 6-4, 6-1).
- Fritz and Johnson have played 10 sets against each other, and Fritz has the advantage, taking seven of them. Johnson has won three.
- Fritz has won 59 games against Johnson (55.7%), while Johnson has taken 47.
- In three matchups between Johnson and Fritz, they have averaged 35.3 games and 3.3 sets per match.
- Johnson has played 23.2 games per match (25.0 in best-of-five matches) in his 18 matches over the past 12 months across all court types.
- Johnson, in 12 matches over the past year on hard courts, has played 24.5 games per match (25.0 in best-of-five matches) and won 42.5% of them.
- Johnson, over the past year, has won 76.9% of his service games and 9.8% of his return games.
- On hard courts, Johnson, over the past year, has claimed 75.3% of his service games and 7.4% of his return games.
Johnson Recent Performances
- In the the Hall of Fame Open, Johnson’s previous tournament, he was defeated 4-6, 4-6 by No. 40-ranked Ugo Humbert on July 19 in the round of 16 round.
- Johnson played an average of 18.5 games in his two matches in Newport.
- Johnson’s service-game winning percentage in United States was 84.2%, and he won 22.2% on his opponent’s serve.
- Fritz has played 59 matches so far this year, and 25.5 games per match across all court types (41.3 in best-of-five matches).
- Fritz has played 24.6 games per match (48.5 in best-of-five matches) in his 35 matches on hard courts this year.
- So far this year, Fritz has won 84.0% of his service games and 23.5% of his return games.
- On hard courts, Fritz has won 23.3% of his return games and 86.6% of his service games.
- Fritz has converted 157 of 381 break points overall (41.2%), and is 188th in break points won.
- Including hard courts only, Fritz has converted 43.3% of his break-point chances (88 of 203).
Fritz Recent Performances
- Fritz fell just short of the final in his last tournament, as he was beaten by Novak Djokovic (0-6, 4-6) on August 18 in the quarterfinals of the Western & Southern Open.
- In Fritz’s four matches in Cincinnati, there was an average of 16.3 games per match.
- In United States, Fritz captured 24 of 32 service games (75.0%) and 11 of 33 return games (33.3%).