Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Aslan Karatsev vs. Ben Shelton Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Finals
- Date: Sunday, October 22
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Ben Shelton (-115)||Aslan Karatsev (-105)|
Aslan Karatsev (No. 50 ranking) will take on Ben Shelton (No. 19) in the final of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships on Sunday, October 22.
Karatsev vs. Shelton Matchup History
- Karatsev and Shelton have played one time in the past five years, in the Round of 32 of the US Open, and Shelton was victorious 6-4, 3-6, 6-2, 6-0.
- Shelton has taken three sets off Karatsev (75.0%), compared to Karatsev’s one.
- Shelton and Karatsev have played 33 total games versus each other, with Shelton winning 21 and Karatsev 12.
- In one matchup between Karatsev and Shelton, they have averaged 33 games and four sets per match.
- This year across all court types, Karatsev has played 47 total matches with a 52.6% game winning percentage. He averages 25.4 games per match (23.2 in best-of-three matches) and 10.1 games per set.
- Karatsev averages 24.3 games per match (22.3 in best-of-three matches) and 10.3 games per set in 22 matches on hard courts this year, with a 51.6% game winning percentage.
- Karatsev has a service game winning percentage of 80.5% on all surfaces (388-for-482 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 21.3% (102-for-479 in return games).
- Karatsev has an 80.5% winning percentage in service games on hard courts, and a 20.1% winning percentage in return games (182 of 226 service games, and 44 of 219 return games).
- Karatsev’s 39.2% break point win percentage (87-for-222) is 252nd this year.
- On hard courts, Karatsev is 176th in break point winning percentage (42.0%) after going 37-for-88.
Karatsev Recent Performances
- In the semifinals, Karatsev was victorious 6-3, 6-4 versus Shintaro Mochizuki on Saturday.
- In the the Rolex Shanghai Masters, Karatsev’s last tournament, he was defeated 6-7, 6-3, 2-6 by No. 76-ranked Quentin Halys on October 5 in the round of 128 round.
- In Shanghai, Karatsev’s one match had 30 games on average.
- Karatsev’s service-game winning percentage in China was 75%, and he won 14.3% on his opponent’s serve.
- Through 42 matches this year, Shelton has played 29.5 games per match (25.3 in best-of-three matches) and won 49.8% of them (across all court types).
- Shelton has played 29.5 games per match (24.8 in best-of-three matches) in his 28 matches on hard courts so far this year.
- Shelton has won 81.8% of his service games this year, and 18% of his return games.
- Shelton has won 18.9% of his return games on hard courts, and 83.6% of his service games.
- Shelton is 239th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 97 of 234 (41.5%).
- Including hard courts only, Shelton has converted 41.9% of his break-point opportunities (67 of 160).
Shelton Recent Performances
- In the semifinals on Saturday, Shelton beat No. 79-ranked Marcos Giron, 6-7, 7-6, 6-4.
- Shelton came up just short of the final in his most recent tournament, as he was beaten by Sebastian Korda (7-6, 2-6, 6-7) on October 12 in the quarterfinals of the Rolex Shanghai Masters.
- In Shelton’s four matches in Shanghai, there was an average of 28 games per match.
- Shelton clinched 83.9% of his service games and 17.9% of his return games in Shanghai.