Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Mackenzie McDonald vs. Grigor Dimitrov Match Information
- Tournament: The China Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Thursday, September 28
- Venue: National Tennis Center
- Location: Beijing, China
- Court Surface: Hard
|Grigor Dimitrov (-225)||Mackenzie McDonald (+175)|
On Thursday, Mackenzie McDonald (No. 39 in the world) takes on Grigor Dimitrov (No. 19) in the Round of 32 of the China Open.
McDonald vs. Dimitrov Matchup History
- McDonald and Dimitrov have split their two head-to-head matches. The most recent one was on August 1, 2023, ending with Dimitrov winning 7-6, 6-2.
- It’s been rather even when McDonald and Dimitrov have gone head to head, each winning two sets against the other.
- McDonald and Dimitrov have played 38 total games against each other, with McDonald winning 20 and Dimitrov 18.
- McDonald and Dimitrov have met on the court two times, averaging 19 games and two sets per match.
- McDonald is averaging 23.3 games per match (21.2 in best-of-three matches) through his 53 matches played this year (across all court types), with a 51.5% game winning percentage.
- McDonald averages 22.5 games per match (20.1 in best-of-three matches) and 10.1 games per set through 35 matches on hard courts this year, with a 53.0% game winning percentage.
- McDonald has a 76.2% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (439 service games won out of 576) and a 26.7% return game winning percentage (157 return games won out of 588).
- McDonald is 305-for-390 in service games on hard courts (to compile a winning percentage of 78.2%) and 113-for-399 in return games (28.3%).
- McDonald has won 40.1% of his break points this year (144 out of 359, to rank 206th).
- McDonald’s 104 break points won on 243 total break points on hard courts (42.8% winning percentage) ranks 106th.
McDonald Recent Performances
- McDonald was eliminated by Karen Khachanov short of the final (6-4, 4-6, 4-6) on September 24 in the quarterfinals of his previous tournament, the Zhuhai Championships.
- There were 29.7 games, on average, in McDonald’s three matches in Zhuhai.
- McDonald won 78.3% of his service games and 27.9% of his return games in Zhuhai.
- In his 48 matches so far this year, Dimitrov has played an average of 24.0 games across all court types (21.0 in best-of-three matches).
- Dimitrov has played 23 matches on hard courts this year, and 24.5 games per match (20.6 in best-of-three matches).
- Thus far this year, Dimitrov has won 81.0% of his service games and 26.9% of his return games.
- Dimitrov has won 80.8% of his service games on hard courts, and 23.8% of his return games.
- Including all surfaces, Dimitrov has converted 41.2% of his break-point opportunities (134 of 325).
- Dimitrov is 123rd in break points won on hard courts, converting 58 of 147 (39.5%).
Dimitrov Recent Performances
- In the semifinals round of the Chengdu Open, Dimitrov’s most recent tournament, he was eliminated by No. 10-ranked Alexander Zverev (3-6, 6-7) on September 25.
- Dimitrov played three matches in Chengdu, averaging 19.3 games.
- Dimitrov’s service-game winning percentage was 80.6% in China, and he captured 29.6% of his games on his opponent’s serve.