Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Mackenzie McDonald vs. Max Purcell Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Sunday, October 15
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Mackenzie McDonald (-200)||Max Purcell (+160)|
In the Round of 32 of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships on Sunday, Max Purcell (ranked No. 41) meets Mackenzie McDonald (No. 38).
McDonald vs. Purcell Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which McDonald and Purcell have squared off on the court.
- This year across all court types, McDonald has played 56 total matches with a 51.5% game winning percentage. He averages 23.3 games per match (21.3 in best-of-three matches) and 10.1 games per set.
- McDonald averages 22.6 games per match (20.4 in best-of-three matches) and 10.1 games per set through 38 matches on hard courts this year, with a 52.9% game winning percentage.
- McDonald is 467-for-614 in service games (for a winning percentage of 76.1%) and 166-for-621 in return games (26.7%) on all surfaces.
- McDonald has finished 333-for-428 in service games on hard courts (77.8% winning percentage), and 122-for-432 in return games (28.2%).
- McDonald is 153-for-372 on break points (41.1%) to rank 212th.
- On hard courts this year, McDonald is 113-for-256 on break points (44.1%) to rank 114th.
McDonald Recent Performances
- In the the Rolex Shanghai Masters, McDonald’s previous tournament, he was beaten 6-7, 6-7 by No. 21-ranked Francisco Cerundolo on October 6 in the round of 64 round.
- There were 21.5 games, on average, in McDonald’s two matches in Shanghai.
- McDonald won 82.6% of his service games and 25% of his return games in Shanghai.
- Purcell has played 33 matches so far this year (winning 50.4% of games across all court types), and 25.5 games per match (23.2 in best-of-three matches).
- Purcell has played 25 matches on hard courts so far this year, and 24.7 games per match (23.2 in best-of-three matches).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages this year, Purcell has won 78.1% of his games on serve, and 20.7% on return.
- On hard courts, Purcell has won 81.3% of his service games and 24% of his return games.
- Including all surfaces, Purcell has converted 38.9% of his break-point opportunities (68 of 175).
- Purcell is 143rd in break points won on hard courts, converting 53 of 124 (42.7%).
Purcell Recent Performances
- Purcell was taken down by No. 183-ranked Yu Hsiou Hsu 6-7, 6-4, 4-6 in the round of 128 of his most recent tournament, the Rolex Shanghai Masters, on October 4.
- Purcell’s one match in Shanghai had an average of 33 game per match.
- Purcell was victorious in 52.9% of his service games and 43.8% of his return games in Shanghai.