Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Gael Monfils vs. Novak Djokovic Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, August 17
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Novak Djokovic (-750)||Gael Monfils (+475)|
In a match slated for Thursday, Novak Djokovic (No. 2 in rankings) will take on Gael Monfils (No. 211) in the Round of 16 of the Western & Southern Open.
Monfils vs. Djokovic Matchup History
- Djokovic has gotten the better of Monfils, 2-0 in two head-to-head matches. Their last one, at the Mutua Madrid Open on May 3, 2022, went to Djokovic 6-3, 6-2.
- Djokovic and Monfils have played five sets versus each other, and Djokovic has the advantage, taking four of them. Monfils has taken one.
- In 45 total games against one another, Djokovic has taken 27, and Monfils 18.
- Monfils and Djokovic have averaged 22.5 games and 2.5 sets in their two matches against each other.
- Through 14 matches over the past 12 months (across all court surfaces), Monfils has played 22.2 games per match (21.8 in best-of-three matches). He won 51.1% of them.
- On hard courts, Monfils has played 10 matches over the past 12 months, and 21.6 games per match (21.6 in best-of-three matches).
- Over the past year, Monfils has won 81.2% of his service games, and he has won 21.7% of his return games.
- On hard courts, Monfils, over the past year, has claimed 86.9% of his service games and 20.2% of his return games.
Monfils Recent Performances
- Monfils beat Alex de Minaur 7-5, 6-4 on Wednesday in the Round of 32.
- In the the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, Monfils’ previous tournament, he was defeated in the quarterfinals 4-6, 6-4, 3-6 by No. 8-ranked Jannik Sinner on August 11.
- Monfils played an average of 25.3 games in his four matches in Toronto.
- In Canada, Monfils won 44 of 48 service games (91.7%) and 12 of 53 return games (22.6%).
- Through 38 matches this year, Djokovic has played 28.6 games per match (23.8 in best-of-three matches) and won 59.7% of them (across all court surfaces).
- On hard courts, Djokovic has played 16 matches this year, totaling 25.4 games per match (22.9 in best-of-three matches) while winning 62.4% of games.
- Djokovic has won 87.3% of his service games so far this year, and 32.2% of his return games.
- On hard courts, Djokovic has won 32.5% of his return games and 91.3% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, Djokovic has converted 39.8% of his break-point opportunities (148 of 372).
- Djokovic is 105th in break points won on hard courts, converting 58 of 146 (39.7%).
Djokovic Recent Performances
- Djokovic advanced past Alejandro Davidovich Fokina 6-4, 0-0 (retired) on Wednesday to reach the Round of 16.
- In the final of the Wimbledon (his last tournament), Djokovic was eliminated 6-1, 6-7, 1-6, 6-3, 6-4 by No. 1-ranked Carlos Alcaraz on July 16.
- In Djokovic’s seven matches in London, there was an average of 36.6 games per match.
- Djokovic’s service-game winning percentage was 92.9% in United Kingdom, and he clinched 22.5% of his games on his opponent’s serve.