Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Christopher O’Connell vs. Jiri Vesely Match Information
- Tournament: Wimbledon
- Round: Round of 64
- Date: Friday, July 7
- Venue: AELTC Wimbledon Qualifying and Community Sports Ground
- Court Surface: Grass
|Christopher O’Connell (-120)||Jiri Vesely (+100)|
In Wimbledon Round of 64 on Friday, we have a matchup featuring Jiri Vesely against No. 73 Christopher O’Connell.
O’Connell vs. Vesely Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which O’Connell and Vesely have matched up against each other.
- O’Connell has played 34 matches this year across all court types, averaging 24.4 games per match (29 in best-of-five matches) and winning 49.9% of those games.
- Through four matches on grass courts this year, O’Connell averages 20 games per match and 10 games per set with a 52.5% game winning percentage.
- O’Connell has a 78.8% service game winning percentage and a 20.7% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (260 service games won out of 330, and 69 return games won out of 334).
- O’Connell is 35-for-40 in service games on grass (winning 87.5%) and 7-for-40 in return games (17.5%).
- O’Connell has won 35.8% of his break points this year (62 out of 173, which ranks 157th).
- On grass so far this year, O’Connell is 118th in break point winning percentage (50.0%) after going 6-for-12.
O’Connell Recent Performances
- O’Connell is coming off a 7-5, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 victory over No. 156-ranked Hamad Medjedovic in the Round of 128 on Tuesday.
- In his previous tournament (Mallorca Championships), O’Connell was defeated by Corentin Moutet 5-7, 4-6 on June 25, in the round of 32.
- In his one match in Mallorca, O’Connell played an average of 22 games.
- O’Connell’s service-game winning percentage in Philippines was 72.7%, and he won 9.1% on his opponent’s serve.
- In the past year Vesely has played five matches (including all court types), winning 48.4% of the games. He has averaged 25.2 games per match (36 in best-of-five matches) and 9.7 games per set.
- In three matches in the past year on grass, Vesely has averaged 19.3 games per match (40 in best-of-five matches) and 9.7 games per set, winning 60.3% of the games.
- Including all surfaces, Vesely’s service game winning percentage has been 81% in the past year, and his return game winning percentage has been 15.9%.
- Vesely is 28-for-29 in service games on grass (96.6%) and 7-for-29 in return games (24.1%).
Vesely Recent Performances
- In the Round of 128 on Wednesday, Vesely beat No. 25-ranked Sebastian Korda, 7-6, 4-6, 6-2, 6-3.
- Vesely lost to No. 5-ranked Stefanos Tsitsipas 5-7, 3-6, 6-4, 6-7 in the round of 128 of his previous tournament, French Open, on May 28.
- In Vesely’s one match in Paris, there was an average of 44 games per match.
- Vesely won 77.3% of his service games (17 of 22) in France along with 13.6% of his return games (three of 22).