Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Tommy Paul vs. Mackenzie McDonald Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Wednesday, October 18
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Tommy Paul (-200)||Mackenzie McDonald (+160)|
In the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships Round of 16 on Wednesday, No. 12-ranked Tommy Paul takes on No. 37 Mackenzie McDonald.
Paul vs. McDonald Matchup History
- Paul has beaten McDonald each time they’ve played in the past five years (two matches). The most recent one finished 6-2, 6-2 in the quarterfinals of the Abierto Mexicano Telcel presentado por HSBC.
- In five total sets against one another, Paul has won four, and McDonald one.
- In 49 total games against one another, Paul has taken 30, and McDonald 19.
- Paul and McDonald have matched up two times, averaging 24.5 games and 2.5 sets per match.
- Paul has averaged 27.2 games per match (23.9 in best-of-three matches) through his 60 matches played this year (across all court surfaces), while winning 53.4% of games.
- Paul averages 26.8 games per match (23.6 in best-of-three matches) and 9.8 games per set through 39 matches on hard courts this year.
- Paul has an 80.1% service game winning percentage and a 26% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (640 service games won out of 799, and 206 return games won out of 792).
- Paul has gone 425-for-524 in service games while playing on hard courts (81.1% winning percentage), and 140-for-520 in return games (26.9%).
- Paul is 191-for-498 on break points (38.4%) to rank 202nd.
- On hard courts this year, Paul is 112th in break point winning percentage (39.1%) after going 131-for-335.
Paul Recent Performances
- Paul is coming off a 3-6, 6-1, 6-3 victory over No. 48-ranked Daniel Altmaier in the Round of 32 on Monday.
- In his previous tournament (the Rolex Shanghai Masters), Paul lost to Andrey Rublev 5-7, 5-7 on October 11, in the round of 16.
- In Shanghai, Paul’s three matches included 24 games on average.
- Paul’s service-game winning percentage in China was 86.1%, and he won 25% on his opponent’s serve.
- McDonald has played 57 matches so far this year, and 23.3 games per match across all court types (21.3 in best-of-three matches).
- McDonald has played 39 matches on hard courts this year, and 22.6 games per match (20.4 in best-of-three matches).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages this year, McDonald has won 76.3% of his games on serve, and 26.7% on return.
- McDonald has won 28.2% of his return games on hard courts, and 78.1% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, McDonald has converted 40.8% of his break-point opportunities (156 of 382).
- McDonald is 114th in break points won on hard courts, converting 116 of 266 (43.6%).
McDonald Recent Performances
- McDonald beat No. 40-ranked Max Purcell 7-5, 6-4 on Sunday to reach the Round of 16.
- In the round of 64s round of the Rolex Shanghai Masters, McDonald’s last tournament, he was beaten 6-7, 6-7 by No. 21-ranked Francisco Cerundolo on October 6.
- McDonald’s two matches in Shanghai had an average of 21.5 games per match.
- McDonald won 82.6% of his service games and 25% of his return games in Shanghai.