Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Tommy Paul vs. Daniil Medvedev Match Information
- Tournament: The China Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Thursday, September 28
- Venue: National Tennis Center
- Location: Beijing, China
- Court Surface: Hard
|Daniil Medvedev (-425)||Tommy Paul (+310)|
On Thursday, Daniil Medvedev (No. 3 in the world) faces Tommy Paul (No. 13) in the Round of 32 of the China Open.
Paul vs. Medvedev Matchup History
- Paul and Medvedev have gone head to head once in the past five years, in the Round of 64 of the French Open, and Medvedev was the victor 3-6, 6-1, 6-4, 6-3.
- Medvedev and Paul have played four sets versus each other, and Medvedev has the advantage, taking three of them. Paul has won one.
- In terms of games against each other, Medvedev and Paul have played 35, and Medvedev has won more (21). Paul has taken 14 of them.
- Paul and Medvedev have squared off one time, averaging 35 games and four sets per match.
- Paul has averaged 27.5 games per match (24.1 in best-of-three matches) in his 56 matches played so far this year (across all court types), while winning 53.6% of games.
- Paul has played 35 matches on hard courts this year, and averages 27.3 games per match (23.9 in best-of-three matches) and 9.9 games per set while winning 54.5% of games.
- Paul has put together a service game winning percentage of 80.3% on all surfaces (607-for-756 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 26.2% (196-for-748 in return games).
- Paul has finished 392-for-481 in service games on hard courts (81.5% winning percentage), and 130-for-476 in return games (27.3%).
- Paul’s 181 break points won on 479 total break points (37.8% winning percentage) is 199th this year.
- On hard courts, Paul has won 38.3% of break points (121 out of 316, to rank 103rd).
Paul Recent Performances
- In the the US Open, Paul’s most recent tournament, he was beaten 4-6, 3-6, 6-4, 4-6 by No. 47-ranked Ben Shelton on September 3 in the round of 16 round.
- There were 37 games, on average, in Paul’s four matches in New York.
- While playing in United States, Paul won 80% of his service games and 31.5% of his return games.
- Medvedev has played 68 matches so far this year, and 24.0 games per match across all court types (21.3 in best-of-three matches).
- Through 45 matches so far this year on hard courts, Medvedev has played 22.6 games per match (20.5 in best-of-three matches) and won 60.6% of them.
- Medvedev has won 33.5% of his return games so far this year, and 83.4% of his service games.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages on hard courts, Medvedev has won 85.2% of his games on serve, and 36.0% on return.
- Including all surfaces, Medvedev has converted 263 of 551 break points (47.7%).
- Medvedev is 100th in break points won on hard courts, converting 176 of 359 (49.0%).
Medvedev Recent Performances
- In his previous tournament, the US Open, Medvedev made it to the final but lost to No. 2-ranked Novak Djokovic 3-6, 6-7, 3-6 on September 10.
- Medvedev’s seven matches in New York included an average of 31 games per match.
- In United States, Medvedev captured 91 of 108 service games (84.3%) and 42 of 109 return games (38.5%).