Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Tommy Paul vs. Jannik Sinner Match Information
- Tournament: The National Bank Open Presented by Rogers
- Round: Semifinals
- Date: Saturday, August 12
- Venue: Sobeys Stadium
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Court Surface: Hard
|Jannik Sinner (-250)||Tommy Paul (+200)|
On Saturday, Tommy Paul (No. 14 in the world) takes on Jannik Sinner (No. 8) in the semifinals of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers.
Paul vs. Sinner Matchup History
- Paul and Sinner have split their two head-to-head matchups. The last one was on June 22, 2022, ending with Paul winning 6-3, 3-6, 6-3.
- It’s been rather even when Paul and Sinner have played, each winning three sets against the other.
- In matches played between Paul and Sinner, each has won a total of 31 games.
- In two matches versus one another, Paul and Sinner have averaged 31.0 games and 3.0 sets per match.
- Paul is averaging 27 games per match (23.7 in best-of-three matches) through his 44 matches played this year (across all court types), with a 53.2% game winning percentage.
- Paul averages 26.1 games per match (22.9 in best-of-three matches) and 10 games per set in 23 matches on hard courts this year.
- Paul is 466-for-578 in service games (a winning percentage of 80.6%) and 141-for-570 in return games (24.7%) on all surfaces.
- Paul has 251 wins in 303 service games while playing on hard courts (a winning percentage of 82.8%), and 75 wins in 298 return games (25.2%).
- Paul’s 35.4% break point winning percentage (130-for-367) ranks 198th this year.
- On hard courts this year, Paul has won 34.3% of break points (70 out of 204, which ranks 100th).
Paul Recent Performances
- In the quarterfinals on Friday, Paul beat No. 1-ranked Carlos Alcaraz, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
- In his previous tournament, the Mifel Open, Paul fell in the quarterfinals to No. 19-ranked Alex de Minaur, 4-6, 6-3, 3-6 on August 3.
- In his two matches in Los Cabos, Paul played an average of 26.5 games.
- Paul’s service-game winning percentage in Mexico was 80.8%, and he won 22.2% on his opponent’s serve.
- Sinner has played 51 matches so far this year (winning 58.3% of games across all court surfaces), and 23.4 games per match (20.2 in best-of-three matches).
- Through 28 matches this year on hard courts, Sinner has played 21.6 games per match (19.5 in best-of-three matches) and won 58.6% of them.
- Thus far this year, Sinner has won 84.6% of his service games and 31.5% of his return games.
- Sinner has won 84.7% of his service games on hard courts, and 31.6% of his return games.
- Sinner has converted 42.2% of his break-point opportunities overall (176 of 417).
- Sinner is 96th in break points won on hard courts, converting 88 of 194 (45.4%).
Sinner Recent Performances
- In the quarterfinals, Sinner was victorious 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 against Gael Monfils on Friday.
- In his previous tournament, the Wimbledon, Sinner was taken down by No. 2-ranked Novak Djokovic 3-6, 4-6, 6-7 in the semifinals on July 14.
- Sinner participated in six matches in London, averaging 31.0 games.
- Sinner won 90.3% of his service games and 29.0% of his return games while playing in United Kingdom.