Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Alexei Popyrin vs. Benjamin Bonzi Match Information
- Tournament: The Plava Laguna Croatia Open Umag
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Monday, July 24
- Venue: Stadium Goran Ivanisevic in ITC Stella Maris
- Location: Umag, Croatia
- Court Surface: Clay
|Alexei Popyrin (-160)||Benjamin Bonzi (+130)|
In a match slated for Monday, Benjamin Bonzi (No. 107 in rankings) will meet Alexei Popyrin (No. 91) in the Round of 32 of the Plava Laguna Croatia Open Umag.
Popyrin vs. Bonzi Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which Popyrin and Bonzi have matched up against each other.
- Popyrin has averaged 29.1 games per match (26.4 in best-of-three matches) in his 36 matches played this year (across all court types), while winning 49.7% of games.
- On clay, Popyrin has played 16 matches, averaging 26.7 games per match (26.0 in best-of-three matches) and 10.2 games per set.
- Popyrin has an 82.9% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (340 service games won out of 410) and a 15.2% return game winning percentage (63 return games won out of 415).
- Popyrin has an 83.6% winning percentage in service games on clay courts, and a 17.1% winning percentage in return games (133 of 159 service games, and 28 of 164 return games).
- Popyrin’s 50 break points won on 165 total break points (30.3% win percentage) is 233rd this year.
- On clay, Popyrin is 172nd in break point winning percentage (31.5%) after going 23-for-73.
Popyrin Recent Performances
- In the the Wimbledon, Popyrin’s previous tournament, he was beaten 6-3, 3-6, 2-6, 6-4, 7-5 by No. 117-ranked Dominic Stephan Stricker on July 5 in the round of 128 round.
- In his one match in London, Popyrin played an average of 48.0 games.
- Popyrin won 75.0% of his service games and 16.7% of his return games in London.
- Bonzi has played 36 matches across all court types in the past 12 months, averaging 25.6 games per match (22.6 in best-of-three matches) and winning 49.5% of the games.
- On clay, Bonzi has played five matches, and has averaged 16.0 games per match (16.0 in best-of-three matches) and 10.0 games per set.
- Bonzi has a 78.9% winning percentage on serve and a 20.7% winning percentage on return in the past year, including all surfaces.
- Playing on clay, Bonzi has a 65.0% winning percentage on serve, and 32.5% on return.
Bonzi Recent Performances
- Bonzi was eliminated by Daniel Altmaier (3-6, 4-6) on July 17 in the round of 32s of the Swiss Open Gstaad (his most recent tournament).
- In his one match in Gstaad, Bonzi averaged 19.0 games per match.
- Bonzi secured 66.7% of his service games and 10.0% of his return games while playing in Switzerland.