Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Alexei Popyrin vs. Karen Khachanov Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Monday, October 16
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Karen Khachanov (-245)||Alexei Popyrin (+190)|
In the Round of 32 of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships on Monday, Karen Khachanov (ranked No. 14) faces Alexei Popyrin (No. 43).
Popyrin vs. Khachanov Matchup History
- In two head-to-head matches, Khachanov has defeated Popyrin two times. Khachanov won the last one, 6-7, 6-1, 7-6 in the Round of 32 of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament on February 8, 2022.
- Khachanov and Popyrin have played six sets against each other, with Khachanov taking four of them and Popyrin taking two.
- Khachanov has won 35 games versus Popyrin (53.8%), while Popyrin has won 30.
- Khachanov and Popyrin have played each other two times, averaging 32.5 games and three sets per match.
- In his 50 matches played this year across all court types, Popyrin is averaging 28.4 games per match (26.2 in best-of-three matches) while winning 50.2% of those games.
- Popyrin averages 29.9 games per match (26.6 in best-of-three matches) and 10.7 games per set in 23 matches on hard courts this year.
- Popyrin has an 82.8% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (468 service games won out of 565) and a 16.7% return game winning percentage (95 return games won out of 569).
- Popyrin has an 82.9% winning percentage in service games on hard courts, and a 13.9% winning percentage in return games (238 of 287 service games, and 40 of 287 return games).
- Popyrin’s 31.4% break point winning percentage (80-for-255) is 256th this year.
- On hard courts so far this year, Popyrin is 32-for-104 on break points (30.8%) which ranks 181st.
Popyrin Recent Performances
- Popyrin was defeated by Matteo Arnaldi (6-4, 3-6, 4-6) on October 5 in the round of 128 of his previous tournament, the Rolex Shanghai Masters.
- In his one match in Shanghai, Popyrin played an average of 29 games.
- While playing in China, Popyrin won 71.4% of his service games and 20% of his return games.
- Khachanov has played 25.9 games per match (22.5 in best-of-three matches) in his 43 matches this year across all court types.
- On hard courts, Khachanov has played 27 matches this year, totaling 25.0 games per match (22.3 in best-of-three matches) while winning 54.9% of games.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages this year, Khachanov has won 82.9% of his games on serve, and 25.9% on return.
- On hard courts, Khachanov has won 82.7% of his service games and 27.2% of his return games.
- Including all surfaces, Khachanov has converted 41.6% of his break-point opportunities (131 of 315).
- Khachanov has converted 46.2% of his break-point opportunities on hard courts (84 of 182).
Khachanov Recent Performances
- In the round of 32s of his previous tournament (the Rolex Shanghai Masters), Khachanov was eliminated 6-7, 4-6 by No. 19-ranked Grigor Dimitrov on October 9.
- In Khachanov’s two matches in Shanghai, there was an average of 27 games per match.
- Khachanov was victorious in 88.9% of his service games and 11.1% of his return games while playing in China.