Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Alexei Popyrin vs. Emil Ruusuvuori Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, August 17
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Emil Ruusuvuori (-140)||Alexei Popyrin (+115)|
In the Western & Southern Open Round of 16 on Thursday, No. 58-ranked Alexei Popyrin meets No. 60 Emil Ruusuvuori.
Popyrin vs. Ruusuvuori Matchup History
- Popyrin and Ruusuvuori have not matched up against one another in the past five years.
- So far this year across all court types, Popyrin has played 45 total matches with a 50.8% game winning percentage. He averages 28.3 games per match (26.1 in best-of-three matches) and 10.6 games per set.
- On hard courts, Popyrin has played 18 matches (averaging 30.1 games per match — 26.4 in best-of-three matches — and 11.0 games per set).
- Popyrin is 412-for-493 in service games (to compile a winning percentage of 83.6%) and 85-for-495 in return games (17.2%) on all surfaces.
- Popyrin has gone 182-for-215 in service games on hard courts (84.7% winning percentage), and 30-for-213 in return games (14.1%).
- Popyrin is 71-for-231 on break points (30.7%) to rank 240th.
- On hard courts so far this year, Popyrin ranks 158th in break point win percentage (28.8%) after going 23-for-80.
Popyrin Recent Performances
- In the , Popyrin advanced – (retired) past Nicolas Jarry.
- Popyrin won his most recent tournament (the Plava Laguna Croatia Open Umag), defeating No. 72-ranked Stan Wawrinka in the final 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 on July 30.
- Popyrin averaged 26.0 games per match in Umag in five matches.
- Popyrin won 86.4% of his service games and 29.7% of his return games in Umag.
- Through 41 matches so far this year, Ruusuvuori has played 25.5 games per match (23.5 in best-of-three matches) and won 50.1% of them (across all court surfaces).
- In his 21 matches on hard courts so far this year, Ruusuvuori has played an average of 24.0 games (22.2 in best-of-three matches).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages this year, Ruusuvuori has won 78.0% of his games on serve, and 21.9% on return.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages on hard courts, Ruusuvuori has won 79.8% of his games on serve, and 21.4% on return.
- Ruusuvuori has converted 38.6% of his break-point opportunities overall (100 of 259).
- Including hard courts only, Ruusuvuori has converted 39.5% of his break-point opportunities (49 of 124).
Ruusuvuori Recent Performances
- Ruusuvuori defeated No. 8-ranked Andrey Rublev 7-6, 5-7, 7-6 on Tuesday to reach the Round of 16.
- In the round of 64s of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers (his previous tournament), Ruusuvuori lost to Marcos Giron 6-7, 6-7 on August 8.
- Ruusuvuori participated in one match in Toronto, averaging 26.0 games.
- Ruusuvuori’s service-game winning percentage was 78.6% in Canada, and he clinched 8.3% of his games on his opponent’s serve.