Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Max Purcell vs. Casper Ruud Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Wednesday, August 16
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Casper Ruud (-320)||Max Purcell (+240)|
Max Purcell (No. 70 ranking) will meet Casper Ruud (No. 7) in the Round of 32 of the Western & Southern Open on Wednesday, August 16.
Purcell vs. Ruud Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which Purcell and Ruud have squared off on the court.
- Purcell has averaged 26.1 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches) in his 21 matches played this year (across all court types), while winning 50.1% of games.
- In 13 matches on hard courts this year, Purcell averages 24.8 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches) and 10.8 games per set with a 55.4% game winning percentage.
- Purcell has a 78.1% service game winning percentage and an 18.1% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (168 service games won out of 215, and 39 return games won out of 216).
- Purcell has finished 88-for-103 in service games on hard courts (85.4% winning percentage), and 23-for-102 in return games (22.5%).
- Purcell is 38-for-110 on break points (34.5%) to rank 293rd.
- Purcell has won 39.0% of break points on hard courts (23 out of 59, which ranks 158th).
Purcell Recent Performances
- Purcell defeated No. 182-ranked Lloyd Harris 6-4, 6-4 on Tuesday to advance to the Round of 32.
- In his last tournament, the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, Purcell went down in the round of 32 to No. 40-ranked Andy Murray, 6-7, 6-3, 5-7 on August 9.
- In Toronto, Purcell’s four matches included 21.8 games on average.
- In Canada, Purcell won 24 of 28 service games (85.7%) and five of 26 return games (19.2%).
- Ruud has played 26.9 games per match (23.6 in best-of-three matches) in his 43 matches so far this year across all court types.
- Ruud has played 29.8 games per match (26.9 in best-of-three matches) in his 11 matches on hard courts this year.
- Ruud has won 26.0% of his return games this year, and 82.0% of his service games.
- On hard courts, Ruud has won 21.7% of his return games and 80.8% of his service games.
- Ruud is 196th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 137 of 360 (38.1%).
- Ruud has converted 31 of 92 break points on hard courts (33.7%), and is 142nd in break points won.
Ruud Recent Performances
- Ruud was beaten by Alejandro Davidovich Fokina (6-7, 6-4, 6-7) on August 10 in the round of 16s of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers (his most recent tournament).
- Ruud participated in two matches in Toronto, and he averaged 29.5 games per match.
- Ruud was victorious in 86.7% of his service games and 17.2% of his return games while playing in Canada.