Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune vs. Mackenzie McDonald Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Wednesday, August 16
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune (-155)||Mackenzie McDonald (+125)|
On Wednesday, Mackenzie McDonald (No. 43 in the world) takes on Holger Vitus Nodskov Rune (No. 5) in the Round of 32 of the Western & Southern Open.
Rune vs. McDonald Matchup History
- In the sole match between Rune and McDonald in the past five years, in the Round of 64 of the BNP Paribas Open, Rune won 7-5, 6-3.
- In two total sets against one another, Rune has won two, and McDonald zero.
- Rune has won 13 games against McDonald (61.9%), while McDonald has taken eight.
- Rune and McDonald have averaged 21.0 games and 2.0 sets in their one match against each other.
- In his 51 matches played this year across all court surfaces, Rune is averaging 26.2 games per match (23.2 in best-of-three matches) while winning 54.1% of those games.
- Rune averages 25.4 games per match (22.9 in best-of-three matches) and 10.6 games per set in 20 matches on hard courts this year, with a 54.2% game winning percentage.
- Including all surfaces, Rune’s service game winning percentage is 83.3% (winning 554 of 665 service games) and his return game winning percentage is 25.3% (earning a win in 170 of 673 return games).
- Rune has an 83.3% winning percentage in service games on hard courts, and a 25.5% winning percentage in return games (210 of 252 service games, and 65 of 255 return games).
- Rune’s 38.9% break point win percentage (152-for-391) is 189th this year.
- On hard courts this year, Rune ranks 103rd in break point win percentage (39.9%) after going 59-for-148.
Rune Recent Performances
- In his previous tournament, the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, Rune lost in the round of 32 to No. 70-ranked Marcos Giron, 2-6, 6-4, 3-6 on August 9.
- Rune played an average of 27.0 games in his one match in Toronto.
- Rune won 64.3% of his service games and 15.4% of his return games in Toronto.
- McDonald has played 45 matches so far this year, and 23.0 games per match across all court types (21.0 in best-of-three matches).
- In his 27 matches on hard courts so far this year, McDonald has played an average of 21.7 games (19.5 in best-of-three matches).
- So far this year, McDonald has won 26.6% of his return games and 75.7% of his service games.
- McDonald has won 78.1% of his service games on hard courts, and 28.8% of his return games.
- McDonald has converted 39.2% of his break-point chances overall (118 of 301).
- McDonald is 100th in break points won on hard courts, converting 78 of 185 (42.2%).
McDonald Recent Performances
- McDonald is coming off a 7-5, 6-1 victory over No. 50-ranked Yannick Hanfmann in the Round of 64 on Tuesday.
- In the quarterfinals round of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, McDonald’s previous tournament, he was eliminated by No. 37-ranked Alejandro Davidovich Fokina (4-6, 2-6) on August 11.
- In McDonald’s four matches in Toronto, there was an average of 18.5 games per match.
- McDonald secured 78.4% of his service games and 35.1% of his return games while playing in Canada.