Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Emil Ruusuvuori vs. Max Purcell Match Information
- Tournament: The Winston-Salem Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Tuesday, August 22
- Venue: Wake Forest University Tennis Complex
- Location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Court Surface: Hard
|Emil Ruusuvuori (-175)||Max Purcell (+140)|
Emil Ruusuvuori (No. 56 ranking) will take on Max Purcell (No. 47) in the Round of 32 of the Winston-Salem Open on Tuesday, August 22.
Ruusuvuori vs. Purcell Matchup History
- Ruusuvuori and Purcell have played two times in the past five years, and Ruusuvuori has won every match, including the last one at the Australian Open on January 17, 2023 (4-6, 6-3, 6-4, 7-6).
- In six head-to-head sets, Ruusuvuori has won five, and Purcell one.
- Ruusuvuori has won more versus Purcell in 57 total games between them, 35 (61.4%) compared to Purcell’s 22.
- Ruusuvuori and Purcell have faced off two times, averaging 28.5 games and 3.0 sets per match.
- In his 44 matches played this year across all court surfaces, Ruusuvuori is averaging 25.5 games per match (23.7 in best-of-three matches) while winning 50.3% of those games.
- On hard courts, Ruusuvuori has played 24 matches (averaging 24.3 games per match — 22.8 in best-of-three matches — and 10.4 games per set).
- Including all surfaces, Ruusuvuori’s service game winning percentage is 77.7% (winning 419 of 539 service games) and his return game winning percentage is 22.6% (claiming 121 of 535 return games).
- Ruusuvuori has a 79% winning percentage in service games when playing on hard courts, and a 22.9% winning percentage in return games (230 of 291 service games, and 67 of 293 return games).
- Ruusuvuori has won 39.5% of his break points this year (111 out of 281, to rank 208th).
- Ruusuvuori has won 41.1% of break points on hard courts this year (60 out of 146, which ranks 107th).
Ruusuvuori Recent Performances
- In the the Western & Southern Open, Ruusuvuori’s last tournament, he was beaten 2-6, 6-1, 3-6 by No. 58-ranked Alexei Popyrin on August 17 in the round of 16 round.
- There were 26.7 games, on average, in Ruusuvuori’s three matches in Cincinnati.
- Ruusuvuori won 74.4% of his service games and 31.7% of his return games in Cincinnati.
- Through 24 matches so far this year, Purcell has played 26 games per match (23.7 in best-of-three matches) and won 50.4% of them (across all court surfaces).
- In his 16 matches on hard courts this year, Purcell has played an average of 24.9 games (23.8 in best-of-three matches).
- So far this year, Purcell has won 18% of his return games and 79.8% of his service games.
- Purcell has won 21.3% of his return games on hard courts, and 86.4% of his service games.
- Purcell has converted 36.0% of his break-point opportunities overall (45 of 125).
- On hard courts, Purcell has converted 30 of 74 break points (40.5%).
Purcell Recent Performances
- Purcell defeated Marco Cecchinato 6-4, 6-1 on Monday in the Round of 64.
- In the quarterfinals of the Western & Southern Open (his previous tournament), Purcell came close to reaching the final but lost to Carlos Alcaraz 6-4, 3-6, 4-6 on August 18.
- In Purcell’s six matches in Cincinnati, there was an average of 26.5 games per match.
- Purcell secured 91.5% of his service games (43 of 47) in United States along with 18.4% of his return games (nine of 49).