Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Juncheng Shang vs. Frances Tiafoe Match Information
- Tournament: The Citi Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, August 3
- Venue: Fitzerald Tennis Center Rock Creek Park
- Location: Washington, District of Columbia
- Court Surface: Hard
|Frances Tiafoe (-360)||Juncheng Shang (+270)|
On Thursday, Frances Tiafoe (No. 10 in the world) takes on Juncheng Shang (No. 149) in the Round of 16 of the Citi Open.
Shang vs. Tiafoe Matchup History
- Shang and Tiafoe have squared off once in the past five years, in the Round of 64 of the Australian Open, and Tiafoe was the victor 6-4, 6-4, 6-1.
- Tiafoe and Shang have played three sets against each other, and Tiafoe has the edge, winning three of them. Shang has taken zero.
- Tiafoe and Shang have played 27 total games against each other, with Tiafoe taking 18 and Shang nine.
- In one matchup between Shang and Tiafoe, they have averaged 27 games and three sets per match.
- This year across all court surfaces, Shang has played 23 total matches with a 52.9% game winning percentage. He averages 25.9 games per match (24.2 in best-of-three matches) and 10.3 games per set.
- In 17 matches on hard courts this year, Shang averages 25.8 games per match (24.5 in best-of-three matches) and 10.2 games per set with a 53.7% game winning percentage.
- Shang has put together a service game winning percentage of 80.2% on all surfaces (158-for-197 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 25.4% (49-for-193 in return games).
- On hard courts, Shang has an 83.5% winning percentage in service games and a 22.6% winning percentage in return games (106 service games won out of 127, and 28 return games won out of 124).
- Shang’s 44.0% break point win percentage (48-for-109) is 274th this year.
- On hard courts this year, Shang is 27-for-67 on break points (40.3%) to rank 138th.
Shang Recent Performances
- Shang defeated No. 43-ranked Ben Shelton 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 on Tuesday to advance to the Round of 16.
- Shang was defeated in the round of 16 of his last tournament (the Truist Atlanta Open) 4-6, 6-7 by No. 439-ranked Kei Nishikori on July 27.
- Shang played an average of 24.5 games in his four matches in Atlanta.
- Shang won 81.8% of his service games and 19% of his return games in Atlanta.
- Tiafoe has played 26.1 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches) in his 36 matches this year across all court types.
- Through 15 matches this year on hard courts, Tiafoe has played 24.9 games per match (21.8 in best-of-three matches) and won 55.0% of them.
- Tiafoe has won 84.5% of his service games this year, and 24.2% of his return games.
- On hard courts, Tiafoe has won 24.5% of his return games and 85.9% of his service games.
- Tiafoe has converted 38.2% of his break-point opportunities overall (100 of 262).
- Including hard courts only, Tiafoe has converted 35.9% of his break-point opportunities (42 of 117).
Tiafoe Recent Performances
- Tiafoe defeated Aslan Karatsev 7-6, 7-6 on Tuesday in the Round of 32.
- In the round of 32s of his last tournament (the Wimbledon), Tiafoe was defeated 2-6, 3-6, 2-6 by No. 24-ranked Grigor Dimitrov on July 8.
- In his three matches in London, Tiafoe played an average of 29.3 games per match.
- Tiafoe was victorious in 79.1% of his service games and 24.4% of his return games in London.