Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Ben Shelton vs. Roman Safiullin Match Information
- Tournament: The Rolex Shanghai Masters
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Sunday, October 8
- Venue: Qi Zhong Tennis Center
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Court Surface: Hard
|Roman Safiullin (-125)||Ben Shelton (+100)|
On Sunday, Ben Shelton (No. 20 in the world) faces Roman Safiullin (No. 50) in the Round of 32 of the Rolex Shanghai Masters.
Shelton vs. Safiullin Matchup History
- In the lone match between Shelton and Safiullin in the past five years, in the finals of the ATP Challenger Chicago, USA Men Singles 2022, Safiullin won 6-3, 4-6, 7-5.
- Safiullin has won two sets against Shelton (66.7%), while Shelton has taken one.
- In terms of games against each other, Safiullin and Shelton have played 31, and Safiullin has won more (17). Shelton has taken 14 of them.
- In one match versus one another, Shelton and Safiullin have averaged 31 games and three sets per match.
- Shelton is averaging 29.6 games per match (24.9 in best-of-three matches) in his 38 matches played this year (across all court surfaces), with a 49.6% game winning percentage.
- Shelton averages 29.8 games per match (23.8 in best-of-three matches) and 10.2 games per set in 24 matches on hard courts this year, with a 51.0% game winning percentage.
- Shelton is 457-for-560 in service games (to compile a winning percentage of 81.6%) and 102-for-566 in return games (18%) on all surfaces.
- On hard surfaces, Shelton has an 83.6% winning percentage in service games and a 19.1% winning percentage in return games (295 service games won out of 353, and 69 return games won out of 361).
- Shelton is 89-for-202 on break points (44.1%) which ranks 238th.
- Shelton’s 59 break points won on 128 total break points on hard courts (46.1% winning percentage) ranks 128th.
Shelton Recent Performances
- In the Round of 64 on Friday, Shelton beat No. 82-ranked Jaume Munar, 6-4, 6-4.
- Shelton was beaten in the semifinals of his previous tournament (the US Open) 3-6, 2-6, 6-7 by No. 2-ranked Novak Djokovic on September 8.
- In his six matches in New York, Shelton played an average of 31.3 games.
- Shelton’s service-game winning percentage in United States was 81.5%, and he won 29.2% on his opponent’s serve.
- Safiullin has played 25.2 games per match (22.7 in best-of-three matches) in his 47 matches this year across all court surfaces.
- Through 22 matches so far this year on hard courts, Safiullin has played 25.3 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches) and won 51.3% of them.
- Safiullin has won 79.6% of his service games so far this year, and 22.7% of his return games.
- On hard courts, Safiullin has won 79.1% of his service games and 21% of his return games.
- Safiullin is 249th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 81 of 179 (45.3%).
- Including hard courts only, Safiullin has converted 48.7% of his break-point chances (37 of 76).
Safiullin Recent Performances
- Safiullin defeated Alexander Zverev 6-3, 6-1 on Friday in the Round of 64.
- In the final of the Chengdu Open (his previous tournament), Safiullin was beaten 7-6, 6-7, 3-6 by No. 10-ranked Zverev on September 26.
- Safiullin’s five matches in Chengdu had an average of 21 games per match.
- Safiullin clinched 92.3% of his service games (48 of 52) in China along with 20.8% of his return games (11 of 53).