Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Ben Shelton vs. Juncheng Shang Match Information
- Tournament: The Citi Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Tuesday, August 1
- Venue: William H.G. FitzGerald Tennis Center
- Location: Washington, District of Columbia
- Court Surface: Hard
|Ben Shelton (-145)||Juncheng Shang (+115)|
In the Citi Open Round of 32 on Tuesday, No. 43-ranked Ben Shelton takes on No. 149 Juncheng Shang.
Shelton vs. Shang Matchup History
- Shelton and Shang played in the Round of 32 at the Truist Atlanta Open on July 25, 2023. Shang won 6-4, 6-4.
- In two total sets against each other, Shang has taken two, and Shelton zero.
- Shang and Shelton have played 20 total games against each other, with Shang taking 12 and Shelton eight.
- In one match versus one another, Shelton and Shang have averaged 20.0 games and 2.0 sets per match.
- Shelton is averaging 30.0 games per match (24.6 in best-of-three matches) in his 27 matches played this year (across all court types), with a 48.7% game winning percentage.
- Shelton has played 13 matches on hard courts this year, and averages 30.5 games per match (22.5 in best-of-three matches) and 10.2 games per set while winning 50.1% of games.
- Shelton has an 81.9% service game winning percentage and a 15.8% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (330 service games won out of 403, and 64 return games won out of 406).
- Shelton is 168-for-196 in service games on hard courts (for a winning percentage of 85.7%) and 31-for-201 in return games (15.4%).
- Shelton’s 40.0% break point win percentage (54-for-135) ranks 252nd this year.
- Shelton’s 24 break points won on 61 total break points on hard courts (39.3% win percentage) ranks 145th.
Shelton Recent Performances
- Shelton was eliminated by Shang (4-6, 4-6) on July 25 in the round of 32 of his most recent tournament, the Truist Atlanta Open.
- Shelton averaged 20.0 games per match in Atlanta in one match.
- Shelton won eight of 10 service games (80.0%) in United States along with zero of 10 return games (0.0%).
- Shang has played 22 matches so far this year, and 25.9 games per match across all court types (24.1 in best-of-three matches).
- On hard courts, Shang has played 16 matches so far this year, totaling 25.8 games per match (24.4 in best-of-three matches) while winning 53.4% of games.
- Shang has won 24.4% of his return games so far this year, and 80.4% of his service games.
- On hard courts, Shang has won 84.2% of his service games and 20.7% of his return games.
- Shang is 281st in break points won on all surfaces, converting 43 of 100 (43.0%).
- Shang is 150th in break points won on hard courts, converting 22 of 58 (37.9%).
Shang Recent Performances
- Shang beat Emilio Gomez 6-3, 6-3 on Monday in the Round of 64.
- In the round of 16s of his last tournament (the Truist Atlanta Open), Shang was eliminated 4-6, 6-7 by No. 439-ranked Kei Nishikori on July 27.
- In Shang’s four matches in Atlanta, there was an average of 24.5 games per match.
- Shang was victorious in 81.8% of his service games and 19.0% of his return games while playing in United States.