Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Alexander Shevchenko vs. Juan Pablo Varillas Match Information
- Tournament: The European Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Wednesday, October 18
- Venue: Lotto Arena
- Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
- Court Surface: Hard
|Alexander Shevchenko (-165)||Juan Pablo Varillas (+135)|
In the Round of 16 of the European Open on Wednesday, Alexander Shevchenko (ranked No. 84) takes on Juan Pablo Varillas (No. 69).
Shevchenko vs. Varillas Matchup History
- Shevchenko and Varillas have not squared off against one another in the past five years.
- In his 35 matches played this year across all court types, Shevchenko is averaging 23.4 games per match (22.7 in best-of-three matches) while winning 47.3% of those games.
- Shevchenko averages 24.1 games per match (24 in best-of-three matches) and 10.6 games per set in 18 matches on hard courts this year.
- Shevchenko is 196-for-283 in service games (for a winning percentage of 69.3%) and 66-for-283 in return games (23.3%) on all surfaces.
- In games on hard courts, Shevchenko has a 72.2% winning percentage in service games and a 17.9% winning percentage in return games (96 service games won out of 133, and 24 return games won out of 134).
- Shevchenko has won 41.3% of his break points this year (62 out of 150, to rank 285th).
- On hard courts this year, Shevchenko has won 40.0% of break points (22 out of 55, to rank 212th).
Shevchenko Recent Performances
- Shevchenko defeated Benjamin Bonzi 6-7, 7-6, 6-3 on Tuesday in the Round of 32.
- In his most recent tournament, the Rolex Shanghai Masters, Shevchenko lost in the round of 128 to No. 380-ranked Chun Hsin Tseng, 6-3, 3-6, 2-6 on October 5.
- In his one match in Shanghai, Shevchenko played an average of 26 games.
- In China, Shevchenko won nine of 13 service games (69.2%) and two of 13 return games (15.4%).
- Varillas has played 40 matches so far this year, and 24.9 games per match across all court surfaces (21.7 in best-of-three matches).
- On hard courts, Varillas has played 12 matches this year, totaling 27.8 games per match (24.1 in best-of-three matches) while winning 45.6% of games.
- So far this year, Varillas has won 21.8% of his return games and 73.6% of his service games.
- Varillas has won 73.4% of his service games on hard courts, and 17.1% of his return games.
- Varillas is 241st in break points won on all surfaces, converting 93 of 237 (39.2%).
- Varillas is 202nd in break points won on hard courts, converting 26 of 64 (40.6%).
Varillas Recent Performances
- Varillas is coming off a 7-6, 6-4 win over No. 65-ranked Fabian Marozsan in the Round of 32 on Tuesday.
- Varillas was taken down by No. 49-ranked Sebastian Ofner 6-7, 6-7 in the round of 128 of his most recent tournament, the Rolex Shanghai Masters, on October 5.
- Varillas’ one match in Shanghai included an average of 26 game per match.
- Varillas’ service-game winning percentage was 71.4% in China, and he was victorious in 16.7% of his games on his opponent’s serve.