Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Lorenzo Sonego vs. Taylor Fritz Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Wednesday, August 16
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Taylor Fritz (-380)||Lorenzo Sonego (+280)|
No. 39-ranked Lorenzo Sonego will face No. 9 Taylor Fritz in the Western & Southern Open Round of 32 on Wednesday, August 16.
Sonego vs. Fritz Matchup History
- Sonego and Fritz have split their four head-to-head matchups. The last one was on November 2, 2021, ending with Fritz winning 3-6, 6-2, 6-3.
- In 11 total sets against one another, Sonego has won six, and Fritz five.
- In terms of games against each other, Sonego and Fritz have played 113, and Sonego has won more (58). Fritz has taken 55 of them.
- Sonego and Fritz have averaged 28.3 games and 2.8 sets in their four matches against each other.
- In his 40 matches played this year across all court surfaces, Sonego is averaging 25.4 games per match (22.0 in best-of-three matches) and winning 50.0% of those games.
- On hard courts, Sonego has played 18 matches (averaging 23.8 games per match — 21.1 in best-of-three matches — and 10.2 games per set).
- Sonego has an 81.4% service game winning percentage and a 19.0% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (411 service games won out of 505, and 97 return games won out of 510).
- Sonego has 178 wins in 217 service games while playing on hard courts (winning percentage of 82.0%), and 36 wins in 211 return games (17.1%).
- Sonego’s 88 break points won on 226 total break points (38.9% win percentage) ranks 222nd this year.
- Sonego’s 33 break points won on 93 total break points on hard courts (35.5% winning percentage) ranks 137th.
Sonego Recent Performances
- Sonego beat Alexander Shevchenko 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 on Tuesday in the Round of 64.
- In his most recent tournament (the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers), Sonego was eliminated by Andy Murray 6-7, 0-6 on August 8, in the round of 64.
- Sonego averaged 19.0 games per match in Toronto in one match.
- In Canada, Sonego won six of 10 service games (60.0%) and zero of nine return games (0.0%).
- Fritz has played 26.1 games per match (23.9 in best-of-three matches) in his 56 matches this year across all court surfaces.
- Through 32 matches so far this year on hard courts, Fritz has played 25.6 games per match (24.0 in best-of-three matches) and won 55.3% of them.
- Fritz has won 23.2% of his return games so far this year, and 84.5% of his service games.
- Fritz has won 87.6% of his service games on hard courts, and 22.8% of his return games.
- Including all surfaces, Fritz has converted 40.7% of his break-point opportunities (151 of 371).
- Including hard courts only, Fritz has converted 42.5% of his break-point chances (82 of 193).
Fritz Recent Performances
- Fritz is coming off a 7-6, 6-2 win over No. 35-ranked Jiri Lehecka in the Round of 64 on Tuesday.
- Fritz lost to No. 18-ranked Alex de Minaur 6-7, 6-4, 1-6 in the round of 16 of his most recent tournament, the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, on August 10.
- In his two matches in Toronto, Fritz played an average of 30.5 games per match.
- In Canada, Fritz claimed 22 of 30 service games (73.3%) and seven of 31 return games (22.6%).