Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Jan-Lennard Struff vs. Casper Ruud Match Information
- Tournament: The China Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Thursday, September 28
- Venue: National Tennis Center
- Location: Beijing, China
- Court Surface: Hard
|Casper Ruud (-175)||Jan-Lennard Struff (+135)|
In the Round of 32 of the China Open on Thursday, Jan-Lennard Struff (ranked No. 22) takes on Casper Ruud (No. 9).
Struff vs. Ruud Matchup History
- Struff and Ruud played in the Round of 16 at the Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters on April 13, 2023. Struff won 6-1, 7-6.
- In two sets between Struff and Ruud, Struff has won each one.
- Struff has won more versus Ruud in 20 total games between them, 13 (65.0%) compared to Ruud’s seven.
- In one match versus one another, Struff and Ruud have averaged 20 games and two sets per match.
- This year across all court surfaces, Struff has played 39 total matches with a 53.5% game winning percentage. He averages 25.1 games per match (24.5 in best-of-three matches) and 10.0 games per set.
- In 14 matches on hard courts this year, Struff averages 23.1 games per match (22.8 in best-of-three matches) and 9.5 games per set with a 52.8% game winning percentage.
- Struff has an 82.8% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (328 service games won out of 396) and a 23.0% return game winning percentage (93 return games won out of 404).
- Struff is 92-for-118 in service games on hard courts (to compile a winning percentage of 78.0%) and 27-for-120 in return games (22.5%).
- Struff ranks 242nd in break point win percentage (44.3%) after going 85-for-192 on break points.
- On hard courts, Struff has won 44.3% of break points (27 out of 61, to rank 177th).
Struff Recent Performances
- Struff was eliminated in the quarterfinals of his previous tournament (the Zhuhai Championships) 4-6, 5-7 by No. 46-ranked Yoshihito Nishioka on September 24.
- In his two matches in Zhuhai, Struff played an average of 24 games.
- In China, Struff won 18 of 24 service games (75%) and four of 24 return games (16.7%).
- Ruud has played 46 matches so far this year, and 27.7 games per match across all court surfaces (23.8 in best-of-three matches).
- On hard courts, Ruud has played 14 matches this year, totaling 31.9 games per match (27.1 in best-of-three matches) while winning 51.1% of games.
- Thus far this year, Ruud has won 81.9% of his service games and 25.2% of his return games.
- Ruud has won 81.0% of his service games on hard courts, and 20.5% of his return games.
- Ruud is 205th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 145 of 380 (38.2%).
- Including hard courts only, Ruud has converted 34.8% of his break-point opportunities (39 of 112).
Ruud Recent Performances
- Ruud was defeated by No. 67-ranked Zhizhen Zhang 4-6, 7-5, 2-6, 6-0, 2-6 in the round of 64 of his most recent tournament, the US Open, on August 30.
- Ruud participated in two matches in New York, averaging 44.5 games.
- Ruud secured 79.5% of his service games and 20% of his return games while playing in United States.