Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Dominic Thiem vs. Hamad Medjedovic Match Information
- Tournament: The Swiss Open Gstaad
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Wednesday, July 19
- Venue: Roy Emerson Arena
- Location: Gstaad, Switzerland
- Court Surface: Clay
|Dominic Thiem (-185)||Hamad Medjedovic (+145)|
On Wednesday, Hamad Medjedovic (No. 183 in the world) faces Dominic Thiem (No. 94) in the Round of 16 of the Swiss Open Gstaad.
Thiem vs. Medjedovic Matchup History
- In the one match between Thiem and Medjedovic in the past five years, in the semifinals of the Mauthausen, Austria Men Singles 2023, Medjedovic won 7-6, 6-2.
- Medjedovic and Thiem have played two sets against each other, with Medjedovic winning two of them and Thiem taking zero.
- In terms of games against each other, Medjedovic and Thiem have played 21, and Medjedovic has won more (13). Thiem has taken eight of them.
- Thiem and Medjedovic have averaged 21 games and two sets in their one match against each other.
- This year across all court surfaces, Thiem has played 20 total matches with a 47.0% game winning percentage. He averages 24.9 games per match (21.6 in best-of-three matches) and 10 games per set.
- Thiem averages 22.8 games per match (21 in best-of-three matches) and 9.8 games per set through 15 matches on clay surfaces this year.
- Thiem has a 75.9% service game winning percentage and an 18.1% return game winning percentage on all surfaces (189 service games won out of 249, and 45 return games won out of 249).
- Thiem has a 75.9% winning percentage in service games while playing on clay courts, and a 22.1% winning percentage in return games (129 of 170 service games, and 38 of 172 return games).
- Thiem’s 42 break points won on 109 total break points (38.5% winning percentage) is 242nd this year.
- On clay, Thiem ranks 137th in break point win percentage (38.7%) after going 36-for-93.
Thiem Recent Performances
- Thiem is coming off a 6-1, 7-6 win over No. 76-ranked Alexandre Muller in the Round of 32 on Monday.
- In his previous tournament, the Wimbledon, Thiem lost in the round of 128 to No. 5-ranked Stefanos Tsitsipas, 6-3, 6-7, 2-6, 7-6, 6-7 on July 4.
- In London, Thiem’s one match included 56 games on average.
- While playing in United Kingdom, Thiem won 86.2% of his service games and 7.4% of his return games.
- In the past year Medjedovic has played 12 matches (including all court surfaces), winning 47.9% of the games. He has averaged 26.4 games per match (23.9 in best-of-three matches) and 9.3 games per set.
- On clay, Medjedovic has played six matches, and has averaged 26 games per match (25.8 in best-of-three matches) and 8.7 games per set.
- Medjedovic is 93-for-124 in service games (75%) and 30-for-122 in return games (24.6%) including all surfaces.
- Medjedovic has a 63.5% winning percentage in service games on clay, and a 26.5% winning percentage in return games.
Medjedovic Recent Performances
- Medjedovic is coming off a 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 win over No. 70-ranked Zhizhen Zhang in the Round of 32 on Monday.
- In the round of 128s round of the Wimbledon, Medjedovic’s most recent tournament, he was beaten 5-7, 4-6, 6-4, 4-6 by No. 73-ranked Christopher O’Connell on July 4.
- Medjedovic played four matches in London, and he averaged 31 games per match.
- Medjedovic clinched 87.1% of his service games and 24.2% of his return games in London.