Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Jordan Thompson vs. Roman Safiullin Match Information
- Tournament: The Chengdu Open
- Round: Quarterfinals
- Date: Sunday, September 24
- Venue: Sichuan International Tennis Center
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Court Surface: Hard
|Roman Safiullin (-120)||Jordan Thompson (-105)|
Jordan Thompson (No. 56 ranking) will face Roman Safiullin (No. 55) in the quarterfinals of the Chengdu Open on Sunday, September 24.
Thompson vs. Safiullin Matchup History
- Thompson and Safiullin have gone head to head one time in the past five years, in the qualifying round of the Adelaide International 2, and Thompson won 6-4, 6-4.
- Thompson has taken two sets off Safiullin, or 100.0%, compared to Safiullin’s zero.
- Thompson has won more against Safiullin in 20 total games between them, 12 (60.0%) compared to Safiullin’s eight.
- In one matchup between Thompson and Safiullin, they have averaged 20 games and two sets per match.
- Thompson has averaged 24 games per match (22.9 in best-of-three matches) through his 47 matches played this year (across all court surfaces), while winning 52.7% of games.
- In 30 matches on hard courts this year, Thompson averages 23 games per match (22.9 in best-of-three matches) and 10.3 games per set with a 54.0% game winning percentage.
- Thompson has an 82.3% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (354 service games won out of 430) and a 20% return game winning percentage (87 return games won out of 436).
- Thompson has 175 wins in 211 service games on hard courts (a winning percentage of 82.9%), and 43 wins in 214 return games (20.1%).
- Thompson has won 35.1% of his break points this year (74 out of 211, to rank 253rd).
- On hard courts this year, Thompson is 37-for-113 on break points (32.7%) which ranks 150th.
Thompson Recent Performances
- In the Round of 16 on Friday, Thompson beat No. 52-ranked Dusan Lajovic, 6-1, 7-6.
- In his most recent tournament, the US Open, Thompson lost in a round of 128 to No. 65-ranked Botic Van de Zandschulp, 3-6 (retired) on August 29.
- There were 9 games, on average, in Thompson’s one match in New York.
- Thompson won 50% of his service games and 20% of his return games in New York.
- Safiullin has played 42 matches so far this year, and 25.7 games per match across all court types (22.9 in best-of-three matches).
- Through 17 matches this year on hard courts, Safiullin has played 26.5 games per match (24.3 in best-of-three matches) and won 50.1% of them.
- Safiullin has won 77.7% of his service games so far this year, and 23% of his return games.
- On hard courts, Safiullin has won 74.1% of his service games and 21.1% of his return games.
- Safiullin is 254th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 72 of 163 (44.2%).
- Including hard courts only, Safiullin has converted 46.7% of his break-point opportunities (28 of 60).
Safiullin Recent Performances
- In the Round of 16 on Friday, Safiullin beat No. 27-ranked Daniel Evans, 6-3, 6-3.
- In the round of 64s of the US Open (his last tournament), Safiullin was beaten by Tommy Paul 6-3, 6-2, 2-6, 4-6, 6-3 on August 30.
- In his two matches in New York, Safiullin played an average of 34 games per match.
- Safiullin secured 82.4% of his service games and 32.4% of his return games while playing in United States.