Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Jordan Thompson vs. Alexander Zverev Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Sunday, October 15
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Alexander Zverev (-380)||Jordan Thompson (+280)|
On Sunday, Alexander Zverev (No. 10 in the world) meets Jordan Thompson (No. 62) in the Round of 32 of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships.
Thompson vs. Zverev Matchup History
- Thompson has not matched up against Zverev in the past five years.
- This year across all court types, Thompson has competed in 49 total matches with a 52.3% game winning percentage. He averages 23.8 games per match (22.7 in best-of-three matches) and 10.2 games per set.
- Thompson has played 32 matches on hard courts this year, and averages 22.7 games per match (22.6 in best-of-three matches) and 10.4 games per set while winning 53.4% of games.
- Thompson has a service game winning percentage of 82% on all surfaces (368-for-449 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 19.6% (89-for-455 in return games).
- Thompson has 189 wins in 230 service games on hard courts (a winning percentage of 82.2%), and 45 wins in 233 return games (19.3%).
- Thompson’s 76 break points won on 222 total break points (34.2% winning percentage) is 263rd this year.
- Thompson has won 31.5% of break points on hard courts this year (39 out of 124, to rank 169th).
Thompson Recent Performances
- In the the Rolex Shanghai Masters, Thompson’s previous tournament, he was beaten 3-6, 6-3, 1-6 by No. 148-ranked Terence Atmane on October 5 in the round of 128 round.
- In his one match in Shanghai, Thompson played an average of 25 games.
- While playing in China, Thompson won 66.7% of his service games and 15.4% of his return games.
- Zverev has played 68 matches so far this year (winning 54.2% of games across all court types), and 25.9 games per match (22.8 in best-of-three matches).
- On hard courts, Zverev has played 34 matches so far this year, totaling 27.9 games per match (24.9 in best-of-three matches) while winning 52.6% of games.
- So far this year, Zverev has won 25.5% of his return games and 83% of his service games.
- Zverev has won 22.8% of his return games on hard courts, and 82.5% of his service games.
- Zverev has converted 37.4% of his break-point chances overall (209 of 559).
- Zverev has converted 33.0% of his break-point chances on hard courts (98 of 297).
Zverev Recent Performances
- Zverev was taken down by No. 50-ranked Roman Safiullin 3-6, 1-6 in the round of 64 of his most recent tournament, the Rolex Shanghai Masters, on October 6.
- In Zverev’s one match in Shanghai, there was an average of 16 games per match.
- In China, Zverev claimed four of eight service games (50%) and zero of eight return games (0%).