Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Frances Tiafoe vs. Ben Shelton Match Information
- Tournament: The US Open
- Round: Quarterfinals
- Date: Tuesday, September 5
- Venue: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
- Location: New York, New York
- Court Surface: Hard
|Frances Tiafoe (-235)||Ben Shelton (+195)|
Frances Tiafoe (No. 10 ranking) will face Ben Shelton (No. 47) in the quarterfinals of the US Open on Tuesday, September 5.
Tiafoe vs. Shelton Matchup History
- Tiafoe has not played Shelton in the past five years.
- Tiafoe has averaged 26.0 games per match (34.1 in best-of-five matches) in his 42 matches played this year (across all court types), while winning 53.5% of games.
- Tiafoe averages 25.0 games per match (37.3 in best-of-five matches) and 10.3 games per set in 21 matches on hard courts this year.
- Tiafoe has compiled a service game winning percentage of 84.4% on all surfaces (455-for-539 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 23.3% (129-for-553 in return games).
- Tiafoe has an 85.3% winning percentage in service games when playing on hard courts, and a 22.6% winning percentage in return games (221 of 259 service games, and 60 of 266 return games).
- Tiafoe’s 111 break points won on 295 total break points (37.6% win percentage) ranks 203rd this year.
- Tiafoe has won 35.3% of break points on hard courts this year (53 out of 150, which ranks 106th).
Tiafoe Recent Performances
- Tiafoe defeated Rinky Hijikata 6-4, 6-1, 6-4 on Sunday in the Round of 16.
- In his last tournament (the Western & Southern Open), Tiafoe was beaten by Stan Wawrinka 3-6, 4-6 on August 16, in the round of 32.
- There were 26.0 games, on average, in Tiafoe’s two matches in Cincinnati.
- Tiafoe won 76.9% of his service games and 19.2% of his return games in Cincinnati.
- Through 36 matches this year, Shelton has played 29.4 games per match (38.4 in best-of-five matches) and won 49.7% of them (across all court surfaces).
- Through 22 matches this year on hard courts, Shelton has played 29.4 games per match (37.4 in best-of-five matches) and won 51.2% of them.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages this year, Shelton has won 82.4% of his games on serve, and 17.3% on return.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages on hard courts, Shelton has won 85.0% of his games on serve, and 18.1% on return.
- Shelton has converted 44.2% of his break-point opportunities overall (80 of 181).
- On hard courts, Shelton has converted 50 of 107 break points (46.7%).
Shelton Recent Performances
- Shelton defeated No. 14-ranked Tommy Paul 6-4, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 on Sunday to advance to the quarterfinals.
- In the round of 32s round of the Western & Southern Open, Shelton’s last tournament, he was beaten 6-7, 6-7 by No. 4-ranked Stefanos Tsitsipas on August 16.
- Shelton participated in two matches in Cincinnati, and he averaged 29.0 games per match.
- Shelton secured 90.0% of his service games (27 of 30) in United States along with 7.1% of his return games (two of 28).