Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Frances Tiafoe vs. Stan Wawrinka Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Wednesday, August 16
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Frances Tiafoe (-195)||Stan Wawrinka (+155)|
In the Western & Southern Open Round of 32 on Wednesday, we have a matchup of No. 51-ranked Stan Wawrinka versus No. 10 Frances Tiafoe.
Tiafoe vs. Wawrinka Matchup History
- Wawrinka owns a 2-0 record against Tiafoe. Their most recent match, in the Round of 32 of the cinch Championships on June 14, 2022, was a 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 win for Wawrinka.
- Wawrinka has taken four sets off Tiafoe (66.7%), compared to Tiafoe’s two.
- In 74 total games against one another, Wawrinka has won 39, and Tiafoe 35.
- In two matchups between Tiafoe and Wawrinka, they have averaged 37.0 games and 3.0 sets per match.
- Tiafoe is averaging 26.2 games per match (23.9 in best-of-three matches) through his 41 matches played this year (across all court types), with a 53.8% game winning percentage.
- Tiafoe averages 25.3 games per match (23.2 in best-of-three matches) and 10.3 games per set through 20 matches on hard courts this year.
- Including all surfaces, Tiafoe’s service game winning percentage is 84.7% (winning 449 of 530 service games) and his return game winning percentage is 23.6% (earning a win in 128 of 543 return games).
- Tiafoe has 215 wins in 250 service games when playing on hard courts (a winning percentage of 86.0%), and 59 wins in 256 return games (23.0%).
- Tiafoe’s 110 break points won on 292 total break points (37.7% winning percentage) ranks 207th this year.
- On hard courts, Tiafoe is 52-for-147 on break points (35.4%) which ranks 107th.
Tiafoe Recent Performances
- Tiafoe is coming off a 6-4, 6-7, 6-4 win over No. 26-ranked Tallon Griekspoor in the Round of 64 on Sunday.
- In the the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, Tiafoe’s last tournament, he was defeated 7-6, 6-7, 3-6 by No. -ranked Milos Raonic on August 7 in the round of 64 round.
- Tiafoe played an average of 35.0 games in his one match in Toronto.
- While playing in Canada, Tiafoe won 82.4% of his service games and 11.1% of his return games.
- Wawrinka has played 30 matches so far this year (winning 51.5% of games across all court surfaces), and 27.0 games per match (23.1 in best-of-three matches).
- Wawrinka has played 11 matches on hard courts this year, and 26.0 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches).
- Wawrinka has won 21.9% of his return games so far this year, and 80.5% of his service games.
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages on hard courts, Wawrinka has won 77.6% of his games on serve, and 23.8% on return.
- Wawrinka is 228th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 81 of 201 (40.3%).
- Wawrinka is 142nd in break points won on hard courts, converting 31 of 82 (37.8%).
Wawrinka Recent Performances
- In the Round of 64 on Monday, Wawrinka defeated No. 73-ranked Brandon Nakashima, 6-3, 6-7, 6-3.
- In his last tournament, the Plava Laguna Croatia Open Umag, Wawrinka made it to the final and was taken down by No. 90-ranked Alexei Popyrin 7-6, 3-6, 4-6 on July 30.
- In his five matches in Umag, Wawrinka played an average of 21.8 games per match.
- Wawrinka clinched 85.5% of his service games and 31.5% of his return games in Umag.