Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs. Ben Shelton Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Wednesday, August 16
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Stefanos Tsitsipas (-450)||Ben Shelton (+340)|
In the Western & Southern Open Round of 32 on Wednesday, No. 4-ranked Stefanos Tsitsipas takes on No. 40 Ben Shelton.
Tsitsipas vs. Shelton Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which Tsitsipas and Shelton have competed against each other.
- Tsitsipas is averaging 27.4 games per match (22.3 in best-of-three matches) in his 48 matches played this year (across all court types), with a 54.9% game winning percentage.
- On hard courts, Tsitsipas has played 18 matches (averaging 26.6 games per match — 21.2 in best-of-three matches — and 10.2 games per set).
- Including all surfaces, Tsitsipas’ service game winning percentage is 86.3% (winning 572 of 663 service games) and his return game winning percentage is 22.9% (claiming 149 of 650 return games).
- Tsitsipas has 214 wins in 245 service games when playing on hard courts (a winning percentage of 87.3%), and 52 wins in 233 return games (22.3%).
- Tsitsipas ranks 197th in break point win percentage (39.9%) after going 134-for-336 on break points this year.
- On hard courts, Tsitsipas has won 44.8% of break points (47 out of 105, which ranks 113th).
Tsitsipas Recent Performances
- In the the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, Tsitsipas’ last tournament, he was beaten 4-6, 3-6 by No. 276-ranked Gael Monfils on August 9 in the round of 32 round.
- In his one match in Toronto, Tsitsipas played an average of 19.0 games.
- Tsitsipas won 70.0% of his service games and 0.0% of his return games in Toronto.
- In his 30 matches so far this year, Shelton has played an average of 29.3 games across all court surfaces (24.5 in best-of-three matches).
- Shelton has played 29.3 games per match (22.8 in best-of-three matches) in his 16 matches on hard courts this year.
- So far this year, Shelton has won 16.3% of his return games and 81.1% of his service games.
- On hard courts, Shelton has won 83.5% of his service games and 16.5% of his return games.
- Including all surfaces, Shelton has converted 61 of 151 break points (40.4%).
- On hard courts, Shelton has converted 31 of 77 break points (40.3%).
Shelton Recent Performances
- In the Round of 64 on Sunday, Shelton defeated No. 29-ranked Christopher Eubanks, 5-7, 6-4, 6-4.
- In the round of 32s round of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, Shelton’s most recent tournament, he was defeated 3-6, 6-7 by No. 1-ranked Carlos Alcaraz on August 9.
- Shelton’s two matches in Toronto had an average of 22.5 games per match.
- Shelton clinched 77.3% of his service games and 21.7% of his return games while playing in Canada.