Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Stan Wawrinka vs. Max Purcell Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, August 17
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Stan Wawrinka (-200)||Max Purcell (+160)|
In the Western & Southern Open Round of 16 on Thursday, No. 51-ranked Stan Wawrinka meets No. 70 Max Purcell.
Wawrinka vs. Purcell Matchup History
- In the past five years, this is the first occasion on which Wawrinka and Purcell have matched up against each other.
- Wawrinka has averaged 27.0 games per match (23.1 in best-of-three matches) through his 30 matches played this year (across all court types), while winning 51.5% of games.
- Through 11 matches on hard courts this year, Wawrinka averages 26.0 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches) and 9.9 games per set with a 50.7% game winning percentage.
- Including all surfaces, Wawrinka’s service game winning percentage is 80.5% (winning 330 of 410 service games) and his return game winning percentage is 21.9% (claiming 88 of 401 return games).
- Wawrinka has 111 wins in 143 service games on hard courts (winning percentage of 77.6%), and 34 wins in 143 return games (23.8%).
- Wawrinka is 228th in break point win percentage (40.3%) after going 81-for-201 on break points.
- On hard courts, Wawrinka is 31-for-82 on break points (37.8%) which ranks 143rd.
Wawrinka Recent Performances
- Wawrinka is coming off a 6-3, 6-4 win over No. 10-ranked Frances Tiafoe in the Round of 32 on Wednesday.
- In his last tournament, the Plava Laguna Croatia Open Umag, Wawrinka lost in the final to No. 90-ranked Alexei Popyrin, 7-6, 3-6, 4-6 on July 30.
- There were 21.8 games, on average, in Wawrinka’s five matches in Umag.
- Wawrinka’s service-game winning percentage in Croatia was 85.5%, and he won 31.5% on his opponent’s serve.
- Purcell has played 26.3 games per match (23.7 in best-of-three matches) in his 22 matches so far this year across all court surfaces.
- In his 14 matches on hard courts so far this year, Purcell has played an average of 25.1 games (23.8 in best-of-three matches).
- So far this year, Purcell has won 17.7% of his return games and 79.0% of his service games.
- On hard courts, Purcell has won 21.4% of his return games and 86.3% of his service games.
- Purcell is 289th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 40 of 113 (35.4%).
- Purcell is 154th in break points won on hard courts, converting 25 of 62 (40.3%).
Purcell Recent Performances
- Purcell defeated Casper Ruud 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 on Wednesday in the Round of 32.
- Purcell was defeated by Andy Murray (6-7, 6-3, 5-7) on August 9 in the round of 32s of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers (his most recent tournament).
- Purcell participated in four matches in Toronto, and he averaged 21.8 games per match.
- Purcell secured 85.7% of his service games (24 of 28) in Canada along with 19.2% of his return games (five of 26).