Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Zhizhen Zhang vs. Hubert Hurkacz Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Sunday, October 15
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Hubert Hurkacz (-170)||Zhizhen Zhang (+135)|
In the Round of 32 of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships on Sunday, Zhizhen Zhang (ranked No. 60) takes on Hubert Hurkacz (No. 17).
Zhang vs. Hurkacz Matchup History
- Zhang and Hurkacz have played once in the past five years, in the Round of 16 of the Rolex Shanghai Masters, and Hurkacz was the victor 7-6, 4-6, 7-6.
- In three total sets against each other, Hurkacz has won two, and Zhang one.
- Zhang and Hurkacz have each won 18 of the 36 games played against one another.
- Zhang and Hurkacz have matched up one time, averaging 36 games and three sets per match.
- Zhang has played 47 matches this year across all court surfaces, averaging 26.9 games per match (24.2 in best-of-three matches) and winning 49.8% of those games.
- Zhang averages 28.8 games per match (24.7 in best-of-three matches) and 9.9 games per set in 21 matches on hard courts this year.
- Zhang has a service game winning percentage of 75.4% on all surfaces (343-for-455 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 24% (112-for-467 in return games).
- Zhang has 140 wins in 192 service games while playing on hard courts (a winning percentage of 72.9%), and 54 wins in 194 return games (27.8%).
- Zhang’s 44.3% break point win percentage (101-for-228) is 230th this year.
- Zhang’s 51 break points won on 124 total break points on hard courts this year (41.1% win percentage) ranks 143rd.
Zhang Recent Performances
- Zhang was beaten in the round of 16 of his previous tournament (the Rolex Shanghai Masters) 6-7, 6-4, 6-7 by No. 17-ranked Hurkacz on October 10.
- In Shanghai, Zhang’s four matches included 25.3 games on average.
- Zhang won 34 of 50 service games (68%) in China along with 25 of 51 return games (49%).
- Hurkacz has played 47 matches this year, and 32 games per match across all court surfaces (28.1 in best-of-three matches).
- Hurkacz has played 30.5 games per match (27.4 in best-of-three matches) in his 28 matches on hard courts so far this year.
- Hurkacz has won 18.9% of his return games so far this year, and 84.8% of his service games.
- On hard courts, Hurkacz has won 84.5% of his service games and 20.8% of his return games.
- Hurkacz is 220th in break points won on all surfaces, converting 117 of 355 (33.0%).
- Hurkacz has converted 34.3% of his break-point opportunities on hard courts (73 of 213).
Hurkacz Recent Performances
- Hurkacz lost to No. 123-ranked Jack Draper 2-6, 4-6, 5-7 in the round of 64 of his last tournament, the US Open, on August 31.
- In Hurkacz’s two matches in New York, there was an average of 40.5 games per match.
- Hurkacz’s service-game winning percentage was 77.5% in United States, and he captured 19.5% of his games on his opponent’s serve.