Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Zhizhen Zhang vs. Aslan Karatsev Match Information
- Tournament: The Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, October 19
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard
|Zhizhen Zhang (-125)||Aslan Karatsev (+100)|
On Thursday, Aslan Karatsev (No. 50 in the world) takes on Zhizhen Zhang (No. 57) in the Round of 16 of the Rakuten Japan Open Tennis Championships.
Zhang vs. Karatsev Matchup History
- Zhang and Karatsev are 1-1 versus each other. Karatsev won their most recent meeting on May 4, 2023, 7-6, 6-4.
- Karatsev and Zhang have played five sets against each other, and Karatsev has the advantage, taking three of them. Zhang has taken two.
- In 50 total games against one another, Zhang has won 26, and Karatsev 24.
- Zhang and Karatsev have averaged 25 games and 2.5 sets in their two matches against each other.
- This year across all court surfaces, Zhang has competed in 47 total matches with a 49.8% game winning percentage. He averages 26.9 games per match (24.2 in best-of-three matches) and 10 games per set.
- Zhang averages 28.8 games per match (24.7 in best-of-three matches) and 9.9 games per set through 21 matches on hard courts this year, with a 49.8% game winning percentage.
- Zhang has put together a service game winning percentage of 75.4% on all surfaces (343-for-455 in service games) and a return game winning percentage of 24% (112-for-467 in return games).
- Zhang has finished 140-for-192 in service games on hard courts (72.9% winning percentage), and 54-for-194 in return games (27.8%).
- Zhang has won 44.3% of his break points this year (101 out of 228, to rank 231st).
- On hard courts, Zhang has won 41.1% of break points (51 out of 124, which ranks 148th).
Zhang Recent Performances
- In the Round of 32 on Tuesday, Zhang defeated No. 11-ranked Hubert Hurkacz, 3-6, 6-4, 7-6.
- In his most recent tournament (the Rolex Shanghai Masters), Zhang was defeated by Hurkacz 6-7, 6-4, 6-7 on October 10, in the round of 16.
- Zhang played an average of 25.3 games in his four matches in Shanghai.
- Zhang won 68% of his service games and 49% of his return games in Shanghai.
- Through 44 matches so far this year, Karatsev has played 25.9 games per match (23.6 in best-of-three matches) and won 52.0% of them (across all court types).
- Karatsev has played 19 matches on hard courts this year, and 25.3 games per match (23.1 in best-of-three matches).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages this year, Karatsev has won 79.2% of his games on serve, and 21% on return.
- Karatsev has won 19.2% of his return games on hard courts, and 77.7% of his service games.
- Karatsev has converted 80 of 207 break points overall (38.6%), and is 255th in break points won.
- Including hard courts only, Karatsev has converted 41.1% of his break-point opportunities (30 of 73).
Karatsev Recent Performances
- In the Round of 32 on Tuesday, Karatsev beat No. 14-ranked Frances Tiafoe, 6-3, 7-6.
- Karatsev was defeated by No. 76-ranked Quentin Halys 6-7, 6-3, 2-6 in the round of 128 of his previous tournament, the Rolex Shanghai Masters, on October 5.
- In his one match in Shanghai, Karatsev averaged 30 games per match.
- In China, Karatsev captured 12 of 16 service games (75%) and two of 14 return games (14.3%).