Tennis betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Alexander Zverev vs. Daniil Medvedev Match Information
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, August 17
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard
|Daniil Medvedev (-215)||Alexander Zverev (+170)|
In the Round of 16 of the Western & Southern Open on Thursday, Alexander Zverev (ranked No. 17) takes on Daniil Medvedev (No. 3).
Zverev vs. Medvedev Matchup History
- Medvedev has the advantage over Zverev, 7-1 in eight head-to-head matchups. Their last one, at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia on May 16, 2023, went to Medvedev 6-2, 7-6.
- Medvedev has won 14 sets versus Zverev (70.0%), while Zverev has taken six.
- Medvedev and Zverev have played 212 total games versus each other, with Medvedev winning 118 and Zverev 94.
- In eight matchups between Zverev and Medvedev, they have averaged 26.5 games and 2.5 sets per match.
- Zverev has played 49 matches this year across all court surfaces, averaging 25.0 games per match (21.9 in best-of-three matches) and winning 53.8% of those games.
- Zverev averages 27.4 games per match (24.5 in best-of-three matches) and 10.3 games per set through 15 matches on hard courts this year.
- Zverev has an 82.6% service game winning percentage on all surfaces (504 service games won out of 610) and a 25.2% return game winning percentage (155 return games won out of 614).
- Zverev has 165 wins in 205 service games on hard courts (a winning percentage of 80.5%), and 38 wins in 206 return games (18.4%).
- Zverev is 144-for-370 on break points (38.9%) which ranks 194th.
- On hard courts, Zverev has won 30.6% of break points (33 out of 108, to rank 138th).
Zverev Recent Performances
- Zverev defeated No. 45-ranked Yoshihito Nishioka 7-5, 6-4 on Wednesday to advance to the Round of 16.
- In the the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers, Zverev’s most recent tournament, he was beaten 1-6, 2-6 by No. 37-ranked Alejandro Davidovich Fokina on August 9 in the round of 32 round.
- In Toronto, Zverev’s two matches had 19.0 games on average.
- Zverev’s service-game winning percentage in Canada was 77.8%, and he won 10.0% on his opponent’s serve.
- Through 59 matches so far this year, Medvedev has played 23.2 games per match (21.2 in best-of-three matches) and won 58.1% of them (across all court surfaces).
- In his 36 matches on hard courts this year, Medvedev has played an average of 20.9 games (20.2 in best-of-three matches).
- Thus far this year, Medvedev has won 33.0% of his return games and 83.3% of his service games.
- On hard courts, Medvedev has won 35.9% of his return games and 85.6% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, Medvedev has converted 47.9% of his break-point opportunities (217 of 453).
- Medvedev is 95th in break points won on hard courts, converting 130 of 261 (49.8%).
Medvedev Recent Performances
- Medvedev is coming off a 6-3, 6-2 victory over No. 18-ranked Lorenzo Musetti in the Round of 32 on Wednesday.
- Medvedev came up just short of the final in his most recent tournament, as he was eliminated by Alex de Minaur (6-7, 5-7) on August 11 in the quarterfinals of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers.
- Medvedev played three matches in Toronto, and he averaged 21.7 games per match.
- In Canada, Medvedev clinched 27 of 33 service games (81.8%) and nine of 32 return games (28.1%).