MLB betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
The Boston Red Sox, Alex Verdugo included, will take on J.P. France and the Houston Astros at 2:10 PM ET on Thursday at Minute Maid Park.
Game Info and Alex Verdugo Props
- Day: Thursday, August 24, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Hits Prop: Over/under 1 hit (Over odds: -285)
- Home Runs Prop: Over/under 1 home run (Over odds: +750)
- Total Bases Prop: Over/under 2 total bases (Over odds: +115)
Alex Verdugo Stats
- Verdugo has 120 hits and an OBP of .342 to go with a slugging percentage of .429 this season.
- He ranks 38th in batting average, 45th in on base percentage, and 81st in slugging in baseball.
- He has gotten a hit in 76 of 112 games this season (67.9%), racking up at least two hits on 34 occasions (30.4%).
- Looking at the 112 games he has played this season, he’s hit a home run in nine of them (8.0%), and in 1.8% of his plate appearances.
- In 29.5% of his contests this season, Verdugo has driven in at least one run. In 11 of those games (9.8%) he collected two or more RBI, while he was responsible for three or more of his team’s runs in two games.
Astros Pitching Stats and Rankings
- The 9.1 K/9 rate compiled by the Astros pitching staff ranks seventh in baseball.
- At 3.85, the Astros have the sixth-ranked team ERA in the majors.
- Astros pitchers have allowed 155 total home runs at a clip of 1.2 per game, ranking them 18th in baseball.
- France (9-4) will take the mound for the Astros, his 18th start of the season.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in 18 games this season with an ERA of 2.75, a 2.58 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.213.
Verdugo’s recent games
- at Astros on August 23: 2-for-5, 1 R, 1 RBI
- at Astros on August 22: 0-for-2, 1 K
- at Astros on August 21: 3-for-5, 1 R
- at Yankees on August 20: 0-for-4, 1 K, 1 BB
- at Yankees on August 19: 0-for-4, 1 K, 1 BB
- at Yankees on August 18: 3-for-5, 3 R, 2 K
- at Nationals on August 17: 1-for-1
- at Nationals on August 16: 1-for-3, 1 R
- at Nationals on August 15: 1-for-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K
- vs. Tigers on August 12: 0-for-5
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!