MLB betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
On Friday, Alex Verdugo and the Boston Red Sox play the Toronto Blue Jays (with Alek Manoah on the mound) at Fenway Park. First pitch is at 7:10 PM ET.
Game Info and Alex Verdugo Props
- Day: Friday, August 4, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Hits Prop: Over/under 1 hit (Over odds: -370)
- Home Runs Prop: Over/under 1 home run (Over odds: +700)
- Total Bases Prop: Over/under 2 total bases (Over odds: -108)
Alex Verdugo Stats
- Verdugo has collected 103 hits this season and has an OBP of .346. He’s slugging .427 on the year.
- Among qualified batters, his batting average ranks 44th, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 78th in the league in slugging.
- Verdugo will look to extend his six-game hit streak. During his last outings, he’s batting .278 with one homer.
- He has picked up a hit in 69.5% of his 95 games this season, collecting more than one hit in 31.6% of those games.
- Looking at the 95 games he has played this year, he’s went deep in eight of them (8.4%), and in 1.9% of his plate appearances.
- Verdugo has produced at least one RBI in 30.5% of his games this season (29 of 95), with two or more RBI nine times (9.5%). He has also been responsible for three or more of his team’s runs in two contests.
Blue Jays Pitching Stats and Rankings
- The 9.6 K/9 rate compiled by the Blue Jays pitching staff ranks second in MLB.
- At 3.83, the Blue Jays have the fourth-ranked team ERA in baseball.
- Blue Jays hurlers have combined to rank 23rd in baseball in home runs allowed (136 total, 1.2 per game).
- The Blue Jays will hand the ball to Manoah (2-8) for his 18th start of the season.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 5.87, a 1.26 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.787 in 17 games this season.
Verdugo’s recent games
- at Mariners on August 2: 1-for-3, 2 K, 1 BB
- at Mariners on August 1: 1-for-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K, 1 BB
- at Mariners on July 31: 1-for-4, 1 K
- at Giants on July 30: 1-for-4, 1 BB
- at Giants on July 29: 1-for-3, 1 K
- at Giants on July 28: 1-for-3, 1 K
- vs. Braves on July 26: 0-for-4, 2 K
- vs. Mets on July 22: 0-for-4, 1 K
- vs. Mets on July 22: 0-for-3, 2 K, 1 BB
- at Athletics on July 19: 0-for-3, 2 K, 1 BB
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!