MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, April 17, 2023 at 11:10 AM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Angels||-1.5 (+103)||O 7.5 (-140)||-158|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-120)||U 7.5 (+115)||+134|
|Pitching Probables: LAA: Ohtani (R) BOS: Bello (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Angels vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Los Angeles Angels (7-8) will try to put a stop to their current three-game losing streak when they visit the Boston Red Sox (8-8) at 11:10 AM ET on MLB Network Monday. Sportsbooks consider the Angels to be -158 favorites to end their skid, while the Red Sox are +134 underdogs looking for the upset. Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani gets the start, and he’ll go against Boston’s Brayan Bello.
Angels vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Angels are the 10th-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.1 runs per game (76 total).
- The Angels are 11th in baseball with 18 total home runs.
- Los Angeles’ .239 batting average ranks 18th in the majors.
- The Angels rank 10th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .336.
- Los Angeles’ .388 slugging percentage is 20th in MLB.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking third with 87 total runs this season.
- Boston has hit 21 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the majors.
- The Red Sox rank 18th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- Boston has the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.324).
- The Red Sox are ninth in MLB with a .419 slugging percentage this season.
Angels vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Angels have gone 2-2 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 50% of those games).
- Los Angeles has played as moneyline favorites of -158 or shorter in just two games this season, which it won both.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Angels’ implied win probability is 61.2%.
- Los Angeles has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total one time this season for a 1-4-0 record against the over/under.
- The Angels have a 2-3-0 record against the spread this season (covering 40% of the time).
- The Red Sox have won two of the five games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Boston has played as an underdog of +134 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 42.7% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in five of its seven opportunities.
- The Red Sox are 3-4-0 against the spread in their seven chances this season.
|Shohei Ohtani (LAA)||Pitcher||Brayan Bello (BOS)|
|2 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Angels Key Hitters
- Mike Trout has been key for Los Angeles with three home runs, nine RBI and a batting average of .278 this season.
- Trout’s home runs put him 37th in MLB, and he ranks 51st in RBI.
- Hunter Renfroe leads Los Angeles in runs batted in (11) this season. He’s batting .268 while slugging .500.
- Renfroe is 37th in baseball in home runs, and 31st in RBI.
- Ohtani is slashing .288/.393/.500 this season for the Angels.
- Taylor Ward has 15 hits and an OBP of .343 to go with a slugging percentage of .373 this season.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with seven home runs and 15 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Devers is second in homers and sixth in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .317 to lead his team.
- Verdugo is 146th in homers and 126th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Verdugo brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Justin Turner is batting .271 with four doubles, a home run and nine walks.
- Turner heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .243 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .205 with a double, a home run and seven walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!