MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 8, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pitching Probables: ARI: Gallen (R) CHC: Taillon (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Diamondbacks vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a two-homer game last time out, Tommy Pham leads the Arizona Diamondbacks (73-68) into action as -113 favorites against the Chicago Cubs (76-65). First pitch from Wrigley Field at 2:20 PM ET on Friday, live on MLB Network. Arizona’s Zac Gallen gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Jameson Taillon.
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Diamondbacks have the No. 12 offense in MLB action scoring 4.7 runs per game (663 total runs).
- The Diamondbacks rank 19th in MLB action with 156 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Arizona’s .253 batting average ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks are 13th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Arizona is 12th in MLB, slugging .420.
- The Cubs are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking sixth with 718 total runs this season.
- Chicago has hit 170 homers this season, which ranks 14th in the majors.
- The Cubs’ .254 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .329 this season, which ranks seventh in baseball.
- Fueled by 426 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank 14th in MLB with a .419 slugging percentage this season.
Diamondbacks vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Diamondbacks have gone 37-24 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 60.7% of those games).
- Arizona has gone 37-20 (winning 64.9% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -113 or shorter.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied moneyline win probability of 53.1% in this matchup.
- Arizona has played in 123 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 54 times (54-69-0).
- The Diamondbacks have a 68-58-0 record against the spread this season (covering 54% of the time).
- The Cubs have entered the game as underdogs 58 times this season and won 27, or 46.6%, of those games.
- Chicago is 24-27 this season when entering a game as the underdog by -103 or more on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have a 50.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 62 of its 121 opportunities.
- In 124 games with a spread this season, the Cubs are 62-62-0 ATS.
|Zac Gallen (ARI)||Pitcher||Jameson Taillon (CHC)|
|14 – 7||W/L||7 – 9|
Diamondbacks Key Hitters
- Corbin Carroll leads Arizona with a .283 batting average. He’s also hit 24 homers and has 67 RBI.
- Carroll is 37th in homers and 67th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs with 30 and runs batted in with 91.
- Walker ranks 15th in home runs and 10th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Walker enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s hitting .333 in his last five games with one homer.
- Ketel Marte has collected 140 base hits, an OBP of .358 and a slugging percentage of .487 this season.
- Marte enters this game on a six-game hit streak. He’s batting .421 over the course of his last five outings with one homer.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .259 with an OBP of .309 and a slugging percentage of .478 this season.
- Gurriel enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he’s hitting .316 with two homers.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Cody Bellinger has accumulated a team-high batting average of .320, and paces the Cubs in home runs (24) and runs batted in (86).
- In all of the majors, Bellinger is 37th in home runs and 20th in RBI.
- Bellinger takes a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .317 with a double, four home runs, two walks and 11 RBI.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .282 with 26 doubles, four triples, nine home runs and 40 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Hoerner ranks 212th in homers and 88th in RBI.
- Hoerner heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .318 with two doubles and a walk.
- Ian Happ has 30 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 89 walks while hitting .246.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .256 with 38 doubles, three triples, 21 home runs and 48 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!