MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: Fox Sports 1
|Diamondbacks||-1.5 (+123)||O 8.5 (-133)||-163|
|Reds||+1.5 (-144)||U 8.5 (+105)||+139|
|Pitching Probables: ARI: Kelly (R) CIN: Williamson (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Diamondbacks vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Arizona Diamondbacks (66-61) are -163 favorites to extend their four-game win streak when they face the Cincinnati Reds (67-61), winners of three in a row. The game begins Thursday at 9:40 PM ET on Fox Sports 1, live from Chase Field. Merrill Kelly will get the ball for Arizona while Cincinnati will counter with Brandon Williamson.
Diamondbacks vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Diamondbacks have the No. 13 offense in baseball scoring 4.7 runs per game (597 total runs).
- The Diamondbacks average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 19th in baseball with 140 total home runs.
- Arizona ranks 10th in MLB with a .254 batting average.
- The Diamondbacks’ .323 on-base percentage is 13th in baseball.
- Arizona ranks 11th in MLB with a .419 slugging percentage.
- The Reds are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking ninth with 615 total runs this season.
- Cincinnati has hit 148 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Reds’ .250 batting average ranks 15th in the league this season.
- Cincinnati is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .327.
- Fueled by 391 extra-base hits, the Reds rank 14th in MLB with a .415 slugging percentage this season.
Diamondbacks vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Diamondbacks are 32-21 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 60.4% of those games).
- Arizona has a record of 11-2 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -163 or shorter (84.6% winning percentage).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Diamondbacks’ implied win probability is 62%.
- Arizona has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 48 times this season for a 48-62-0 record against the over/under.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 62-50-0 ATS this season.
- The Reds have been underdogs in 87 games this season and won 45 (51.7%) of those contests.
- This season, Cincinnati has won 14 of its 28 games, or 50%, when it’s the underdog by at least +139 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Reds, based on the moneyline, is 41.8%.
- Games involving Cincinnati have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 54 of 110 chances this season.
- The Reds have an ATS record of 67-43-0 in 110 games with a spread this season.
|Merrill Kelly (ARI)||Pitcher||Brandon Williamson (CIN)|
|10 – 5||W/L||4 – 3|
Diamondbacks Key Hitters
- Corbin Carroll leads Arizona in batting average (.278) this season while adding 21 home runs and 61 RBI.
- Carroll’s home runs put him 34th in baseball, and he ranks 68th in RBI.
- Christian Walker is batting .272 this season with a team-high 28 home runs and 84 RBI.
- Walker ranks 12th in baseball in home runs, and 11th in RBI.
- Ketel Marte has collected 125 base hits, an OBP of .353 and a slugging percentage of .476 this season.
- Marte enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .167 during his last five games with one homer.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has 110 hits and an OBP of .306 to go with a slugging percentage of .462 this season.
- Gurriel will look to extend his four-game hitting streak. He’s batting .235 over the course of his last five games.
Reds Key Hitters
- Spencer Steer paces the Reds with 18 home runs and 70 runs batted in.
- Steer is 67th in homers and 33rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Steer has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles, three walks and four RBI.
- TJ Friedl has a club-high .281 batting average.
- Friedl ranks 157th in home runs and 129th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Friedl brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with a double, a triple, a home run and an RBI.
- Matt McLain is batting .297 with 23 doubles, four triples, 15 home runs and 31 walks.
- McLain has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .222 with two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Tyler Stephenson has 14 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 43 walks while batting .244.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!