MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Diamondbacks||-1.5 (-104)||O 7.5 (-119)||-178|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-112)||U 7.5 (-106)||+151|
|Pitching Probables: ARI: Gallen (R) PIT: Oviedo (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Diamondbacks vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Led by Christian Walker (two-game homer streak), the Arizona Diamondbacks (25-19) are favorites versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (23-20) Friday at 6:35 PM ET. Sportsbooks have named the Diamondbacks as -178 favorites for the game, which airs on SportsNet PT. Zac Gallen gets the starting nod for Arizona while Johan Oviedo is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Diamondbacks are the eighth-highest scoring team in the majors, averaging 5.2 runs per game (227 total).
- The Diamondbacks are 16th in MLB action with 48 total home runs.
- Arizona has the third-best batting average in MLB (.270).
- The Diamondbacks are seventh in MLB with a .333 on-base percentage.
- Arizona is seventh in baseball, slugging .441.
- The Pirates rank 21st in the majors with 184 total runs scored this season.
- Pittsburgh ranks 23rd in Major League Baseball with 41 home runs.
- The Pirates rank 19th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Pirates are 16th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .399 this season.
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Diamondbacks have won 58.8% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (10-7).
- Arizona has played in five games as moneyline favorites with odds of -178 or shorter and won them all.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Diamondbacks have an implied win probability of 64%.
- Arizona has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 33 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 15 of those games (15-18-0).
- The Diamondbacks have a 17-16-0 record against the spread this season (covering 51.5% of the time).
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 22 games this season and won nine (40.9%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 2-2 when it’s set as an underdog of +151 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Pirates have a 39.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 16 of its 33 games with a total.
- The Pirates are 18-13-0 against the spread this season.
|Zac Gallen (ARI)||Pitcher||Johan Oviedo (PIT)|
|6 – 1||W/L||2 – 3|
Diamondbacks Key Hitters
- Walker is batting .268 this season with a team-high 11 home runs and 31 RBI.
- Walker ranks eighth in home runs and 13th in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Walker will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .200 with two homers in his last five games.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .310 to lead Arizona, while adding seven homers and 25 runs batted in this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Gurriel ranks 44th in homers and 38th in RBI.
- Gurriel enters this game on an eight-game hit streak. He’s hitting .350 in his last five games with two homers.
- Corbin Carroll has collected 40 base hits, an OBP of .369 and a slugging percentage of .507 this season.
- Carroll enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s batting .250 during his last five games with one homer.
- Ketel Marte has collected 44 hits this season and has an OBP of .339. He’s slugging .462 on the year.
- Marte enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games he’s hitting .381.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates with 23 runs batted in while accumulating a team-high batting average of .296.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 99th in the big leagues, and he is 51st in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen’s seven home runs lead his team.
- McCutchen is 44th overall in homers and 98th in RBI this year.
- McCutchen takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Carlos Santana has 13 doubles, two home runs and 21 walks while hitting .241.
- Santana has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .228 with nine doubles, two triples, a home run and 14 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!