MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Diamondbacks||-1.5 (+127)||O 8.5 (-116)||-128|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-149)||U 8.5 (-109)||+109|
|Pitching Probables: ARI: Kelly (R) PIT: Contreras (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Diamondbacks vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (10 games) will look to add to his hitting streak when the Arizona Diamondbacks (26-20) and Pittsburgh Pirates (24-21) meet Sunday at 1:35 PM ET, live on SportsNet PT from PNC Park. Gurriel and the Diamondbacks are favored by bookmakers with -128 odds on the moneyline. Arizona’s Merrill Kelly gets the start, and he’ll go against Pittsburgh’s Roansy Contreras.
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Diamondbacks score the seventh-most runs in baseball (234 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Diamondbacks average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 15th in MLB action with 51 total home runs.
- Arizona ranks fourth in MLB with a .266 batting average.
- The Diamondbacks rank seventh in baseball with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Arizona ranks seventh in MLB with a .436 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates rank 15th in the majors with 200 total runs scored this season.
- Pittsburgh’s 42 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates rank 16th in MLB with a .245 team batting average.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .325 this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Pirates rank 16th in the majors with a .402 team slugging percentage.
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Diamondbacks have compiled a 10-8 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 55.6% of those games).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -128 or shorter, Arizona has a record of 9-7 (56.2%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Diamondbacks’ implied win probability is 56.1%.
- Arizona has played in 35 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 16 times (16-19-0).
- The Diamondbacks have an 18-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Pirates have won 10 out of the 23 games, or 43.5%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Pittsburgh is 8-11 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +109 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 47.8% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 17 of its 35 opportunities.
- The Pirates are 19-14-0 ATS in their 33 games with a spread this season.
|Merrill Kelly (ARI)||Pitcher||Roansy Contreras (PIT)|
|4 – 3||W/L||3 – 4|
Diamondbacks Key Hitters
- Gurriel leads Arizona in batting average (.307) this season while adding seven home runs and 25 RBI.
- Gurriel’s home runs put him 45th in baseball, and he is 46th in RBI.
- Gurriel is batting .300 with two homers during his last five games and is riding a 10-game hitting streak.
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs with 11 and runs batted in with 31.
- Walker is 10th in Major League Baseball in home runs, and 19th in RBI.
- Ketel Marte is slashing .280/.346/.476 this season for the Diamondbacks.
- Corbin Carroll has collected 42 hits this season and has an OBP of .375. He’s slugging .500 on the year.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in runs batted in (27) and has a team-best batting average of .289.
- Reynolds is 78th in homers and 35th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Andrew McCutchen has hit seven home runs to pace his team.
- McCutchen is 45th in homers and 104th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- McCutchen brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .364 with a walk and an RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 11 doubles, three triples, a home run and 14 walks while hitting .240.
- Hayes takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .273 with two doubles, a triple and seven RBI.
- Carlos Santana is batting .242 with 14 doubles, two home runs and 22 walks.
- Santana brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with three doubles, three walks and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!