MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, July 9, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: BSAZ
|Diamondbacks||-1.5 (+127)||O 9.5 (+102)||-158|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-149)||U 9.5 (-129)||+134|
|Pitching Probables: ARI: Davies (R) PIT: Mlodzinski (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Diamondbacks vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Arizona Diamondbacks (52-38) hope to complete a three-game sweep of the Pittsburgh Pirates (40-49) when the teams meet at 4:10 PM ET Sunday. The Diamondbacks are -158 favorites to keep the Pirates out of the win column in the series. Zach Davies will get the ball for Arizona while Pittsburgh will counter with Carmen Mlodzinski.
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Diamondbacks score the sixth-most runs in baseball (447 total, five per game).
- The Diamondbacks rank 13th in MLB action with 104 total home runs.
- Arizona ranks sixth in the majors with a .259 batting average.
- The Diamondbacks’ .327 on-base percentage is ninth-best in MLB.
- Arizona ranks sixth in MLB, slugging .429.
- The Pirates have scored 375 runs (4.2 per game) this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh’s 80 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- The Pirates’ .238 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- Pittsburgh has the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.315).
- The Pirates are 25th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .386 this season.
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Diamondbacks have won 65.9% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (27-14).
- Arizona has a 12-2 record (winning 85.7% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -158 or shorter.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied moneyline win probability of 61.2% in this game.
- In the 75 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Arizona, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 33 times (33-42-0).
- The Diamondbacks have collected a 45-31-0 record against the spread this season (covering 59.2% of the time).
- This season, the Pirates have been the underdog 59 times and won 22, or 37.3%, of those games.
- This season, Pittsburgh has won 11 of its 27 games, or 40.7%, when it’s the underdog by at least +134 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 42.7% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- So far this season, Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 41 of its 75 games with a total.
- The Pirates are 35-40-0 ATS in their 75 games with a spread this season.
|Zach Davies (ARI)||Pitcher||Carmen Mlodzinski (PIT)|
|1 – 4||W/L||1 – 1|
Diamondbacks Key Hitters
- Corbin Carroll is batting .295 this season with 18 home runs, both best among Arizona hitters.
- Carroll ranks 20th in the majors in home runs, and 44th in RBI.
- Carroll enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five outings, he’s hitting .333 with one homer.
- Ketel Marte has 91 hits and an OBP of .365 to go with a slugging percentage of .494 this season.
- Marte is 34th in homers and 66th in RBI in the bigs.
- Marte has a batting average of .235 during his last five games and is on a three-game hit streak.
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs with 18 and runs batted in with 58.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .267 with an OBP of .320 and a slugging percentage of .500 this season.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .265 with 21 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 30 walks.
- In all of the majors, Reynolds is 121st in homers and 80th in RBI.
- Carlos Santana is batting .235 with 21 doubles, nine home runs and 35 walks.
- Santana currently is 121st in homers and 57th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jack Suwinski has racked up a team-best 19 home runs and 47 runs batted in.
- Suwinski brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Connor Joe has 18 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 27 walks while hitting .240.
- Joe heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with a double and a walk.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!