MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Diamondbacks||-1.5 (+111)||O 8.5 (-121)||-185|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-129)||U 8.5 (-104)||+156|
|Pitching Probables: ARI: Kelly (R) WSH: Gray (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Diamondbacks vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Arizona Diamondbacks (17-14) will look to Christian Walker, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Washington Nationals (13-18) Friday at 9:40 PM ET on MLB Network. The Diamondbacks are -185 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Arizona’s Merrill Kelly and Washington’s Josiah Gray have been named the starters for this contest.
Diamondbacks vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Diamondbacks are the eighth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.2 runs per game (161 total).
- The Diamondbacks rank 21st in baseball with 31 total home runs.
- Arizona is fourth in MLB with a .266 batting average.
- The Diamondbacks rank 16th in MLB with a .320 on-base percentage.
- Arizona ranks ninth in baseball with a .432 slugging percentage.
- The Nationals have scored the 28th-most runs in the league this season with just 115 (3.7 per game).
- Washington ranks 29th in Major League Baseball with just 18 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals’ .252 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- Washington has an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Nationals are 28th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .352 this season.
Diamondbacks vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Diamondbacks have been the moneyline favorite seven total times this season. They’ve finished 4-3 in those games.
- Arizona has played as moneyline favorites of -185 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Diamondbacks a 64.9% chance to win.
- Arizona has combined with opponents to go over the total nine times this season for a 9-11-0 record against the over/under.
- The Diamondbacks have gone 10-10-0 ATS this season.
- The Nationals have entered the game as underdogs 21 times this season and won nine, or 42.9%, of those games.
- Washington has a record of 6-3 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least +156 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Nationals, based on the moneyline, is 39.1%.
- Washington and its opponents have hit the over in six of its 21 games with a total this season.
- The Nationals are 14-7-0 ATS in their 21 games with a spread this season.
|Merrill Kelly (ARI)||Pitcher||Josiah Gray (WSH)|
|2 – 3||W/L||2 – 4|
Diamondbacks Key Hitters
- Walker leads Arizona in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (25) this season while batting .264.
- Of all MLB hitters, Walker is 76th in batting average, 131st in on-base percentage, and 39th in slugging.
- Walker is batting .409 with four homers during his last five games and is on a two-game hitting streak.
- Corbin Carroll leads Arizona in batting with a .323 average while slugging four homers and driving in nine runs.
- Carroll is 82nd in homers and 199th in RBI in the majors.
- Carroll will look to extend his nine-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he’s batting .500.
- Ketel Marte is slashing .267/.325/.514 this season for the Diamondbacks.
- Marte is batting .278 with three homers in his last 10 outings while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Geraldo Perdomo is batting .409 with an OBP of .473 and a slugging percentage of .636 this season.
- Perdomo is batting .571 with one homer in his last five games. He also comes into Friday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Alex Call is batting .230 with three doubles, three home runs and 15 walks.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Call is 118th in home runs and 88th in RBI.
- Victor Robles has a club-best .302 batting average.
- Robles ranks 328th overall in homers and 223rd in RBI this season.
- Robles brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .545 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Luis Garcia is batting .223 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven walks.
- Lane Thomas is hitting .269 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs and eight walks.
- Thomas heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!